Chapter 13

Izuku mumbled to himself in a low hum as he jotted down notes in his notebook. He finished scribbling a sentence and tapped the eraser against his chin.

He looked beside him on his bed and saw the stuffed animal Kaminari had gotten him.

As if he had been summoned, Kaminari waltzed through the door like he lived there. He hadn't bothered knocking in a while.

Without either of them uttering a word, they sat on the small bed. Izuku continued writing while Kaminari gazed at him. 

"Ugh!" Kaminari groaned dramatically. 

Izuku placed his pencil and notebook down, knowing he wouldn't be doing any more work tonight. 

"I'm bored." Kaminari jutted his bottom lip out and looked at Izuku with a sad pout.

"Hm." Izuku thought for a moment. "Video games?"

"I love the way your mind works." 

Kaminari jumped up onto his feet, pulling a reddened Izuku along with him.

Along the way to the common's area, Kaminari never let go of his hold on Izuku's wrist, only hesitantly letting him go when they made it to the kitchen so he could search through the cupboards for snacks. 

"Want anything?" Kaminari asked, grabbing out a big bag of chips, sodas and a small chocolate bar. 

Izuku tugged at his shirt, "Um." 

Kaminari finished taking everything out and shoved a few items into Izuku's arms, ignoring the alarmed look on his face. 

"These are your favorites, right?" He asked with a grin, knowing he was right. Izuku nodded. 

Kaminari tore open a bag of chips and began munching away while Izuku chewed on a chocolate bar beside him. 

When they arrived back to Izuku's room they wordlessly sat down and turned on their favorite game. 

Kaminari tossed Izuku a controller and took one for himself, sitting up and rubbing his hands together. 

"I'm not falling for your tricks this time." Kaminari had a determined look on his face, he scooted forward towards the screen and rolled his shoulders back. 

Izuku let out a little laugh, "Bring it." 

The game started and immediately the room was filled with shouts and bickering as Izuku rammed Kaminari's car off a cliff, Kaminari respawned, and threw a bomb at Izuku, causing him to spin out of control. 

"Ha!" Kaminari threw his hand up in the air in victory. 

Izuku grumbled and Kaminari side glanced at the cute noise that came from the boy. 

"Better keep your eyes on me." 

Izuku was gaining speed on Kaminari, his brows downcast into a look of determination and playful seriousness. 

"As if I could ever take my eyes off you." Kaminari said with a smirk.

Izuku coughed and a piece of chip got lodged in his throat. 

Kaminari sat his controller down just as he crossed first place.

He rubbed the coughing Izuku's back. 

"You can't die yet. I still have to rub it in your face that I beat you." He wore a fake pout and Izuku finally caught his breath back. 

"You're really good at this game. You've improved a lot since last time too! How'd you do that drift at the end? Could you teach me?" Izuku's eyes beamed and he had a wide grin on his small face. 

A warmth crept up Kaminari's cheeks to the tips of his ears. This wasn't the response he'd been expecting. 

"I'm pretty great aren't I?"

Izuku nodded.

"I didn't say stop praising me."

There was a fervent bang on the door.

"Hey! Clothes better be on! I'm coming in!" Bakugo kicked at the door and it swung open, banging off the wall.

"Kacchan that was completely unnecessary." Izuku deadpanned. 

"I agree. You're such a savage." Kaminari shook his head and swung a casual arm around Izuku's shoulder. "We're the only civilized one's here, bunny."

Izuku's words got stuck in his throat. He resisted the urge to lean into Kaminari's half-hug. 

"Pff." Bakugo rolled his eyes. "Look, just shut the fuck up or I'll make you."

"Bakugo. Don't be rude." Came Kirishima's voice. He stepped out into view. He had on a shirt that obviously didn't belong to him and small dark circles forming under his eyes. He rubbed at them and smiled at Kaminari and Izuku, who smiled back in return. 

"Hey! The whole gang's here! Come on in and join the party." Kaminari chirped up, bouncing where he sat, causing Izuku, who he was still holding, to shake as well. 

"No." Bakugo began, shaking his head with a scowl, "For one, it's 11 at night and two, I'd rather eat-"

"We'll join." Kirishima interrupted and started walking further into the room.

Bakugo scoffed. "I would rather die."

"Just get in here."

"Nope. I'm gon' die."