Chapter 19

Kaminari paced down the hall with the small box clenched in his fist inside his sweater pocket.

Uraraka walked in and sat down on the couch in front of him with a coffee cup in her hands. She sighed in contentment.

Kaminari stopped pacing, breathed in slowly and pinched the bridge of his nose between two fingers.

"I- No. Stop breathing so heavily, I'm trying to think."

She deadpanned him, stood up and walked away.

A few minutes later the person he'd been anxious to see had walked down.

Izuku was dressed in Kaminari's oversized sweater and a pair of navy blue pajama bottoms.

Kaminari's heart melted, and along with it, the speech he'd been preparing in his head.

Izuku rubbed at his tired eyes and smiled sleepily at Kaminari, his cheeks red from sleep and being rubbed at.

He slowly made his way towards the flustered blonde who fiddled with something in his pockets.

He opened his mouth to greet his lover when Kaminari beat him to it, grabbing him by the shoulders and staring at him with teary eyes.

"I- I - When we first met, it was like..." 

Izuku's eyes watered as well and he held Kaminari's face in his hands.

"Gwah! And my heart was like, woosh!"

"Kami.."

"Bunny."

They stared at each other longingly and stood there in the middle of the commons, holding onto each other with watery, tender eyes.

At some point, Bakugo walked down and plopped onto a bar stool at the kitchen. He swung around and saw the scene before him.

"It's too early for this shit." 

He made to leave when Kirishima walked down, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He yawned and gestured his head towards Izuku and Kaminari whispering to each other.

"What are they doing?"

"The fuck I know. I'm leaving."

"Wait, wait."

Kaminari shoved his hand into his pocket and pulled out the tiny black box. He heard Izuku gasp. He held it between them and opened it carefully, as if it might break.

He revealed two gold band rings, took them out gingerly and placed them in his palm. Izuku was a silently crying mess at this point and so was he. He had to blink back a few tears to see properly.

He grabbed Izuku's hand and placed the gold ring on his finger, then he placed the other one on his own.

"Oh my- oh my, Kami-" Izuku was at a loss for words.

"You're officially mine now, so yeah. Til death do us part." He placed his and Izuku's hands next to each other and that's when Izuku saw the small print etched into the rings.

Out of all the stars in the sky, You're my favorite.

"Deal with it." Kaminari grumbled, pulling Izuku into a tight embrace.

Kirishima wiped at his eyes. 

"Sap." Bakugo said, swiveling his chair around to look away from the two sobbing idiots in the middle of the room.

"Are-Are they married? I- I don't know what just happened but it was so beautiful."

Bakugo made a noise in the back of his throat. He spared another look at them over his shoulder and shrugged. 

"Who knows."

Before noon, everyone knew that Izuku was officially off-limits and utterly and completely Kaminari's and his alone. This, of course, was all thanks to Kaminari.