Chapter 5

Kaminari bid his farewell to Izuku after walking him back to his dorm room. 

Izuku looked happier now than when he had first seen him sitting alone in his room.

Kaminari walked back to his room and shut the door behind him.

He hummed as he sat down in front of his TV and turned on his game console. He logged into the game and saw his friend was already online. He pulled the headphones over his head and invited his friend and waited patiently for them to join.

A few seconds later the notification popped up on his screen.

Definitely_Not_The_LOV has joined.

"Lov! You're not gonna believe what happened today." Kaminari began while he started building a house in the middle of a river.

"I'm listening." A familiar raspy voice said in his ear.

"I had a good idea for once and my partner accepted it. Did I mention my partner is Izuku? He's actually a lot of fun. Shy but fun. And he didn't yell at me! He's really nice too. He's a good friend." Kaminari began telling Lov all about his day and Izuku.

"Sounds like you really like him."

"Oh I do." Kaminari said innocently, determinedly jabbing at a bear.

Kirishima walked into Kaminari's door and waved at him before jumping onto his bed and grabbing at a pillow to lay his head on.

"What're you doing?" Kirishima asked with a yawn, wiping at his eyes while staring at the screen.

"Playing with a friend." Kaminari answered.

"Who's that?" Lov asked with caution.

"It's Kiri."

"I have to go." There was a sound that signaled that Lov had disconnected and Kaminari frowned.

"Aw man!" He pouted and tore his headset off and turned off the game. He stood up and laid down next to Kirishima.

"He left?"

"Yeah he must be shy." Kaminari turned over onto his back and held his hands over his chest. He wished he had one of Izuku's stuffed animals to hold.

"Soooo I heard you talking about Midoriya." Kirishima wriggled his eyebrows and nudged Kaminari in the side.

"Eavesdrop much?" Kaminari sounded slightly annoyed.

Kirishima laughed.

"Aw c'mon you're so loud! I bet he heard his name coming from your room all the way from his dorm."

"You think so?!" Kaminari jolted upright on the bed with a worried expression.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

"Whew."

Kirishima eyed his friend with a playful smirk.

"You should invite him to sit with you at lunch."

"Hey, that's a good idea." Kaminari nodded.

Kirishima turned off the light switch next to the bed and sighed.

"Want me to stay tonight?"

Kirishima couldn't see the smile fade from Kaminari's face or the way he tugged at his fingers.

"No, no. I'll be fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Go back to Bakugo. I know you miss your boyfriend." Kaminari teased.

Kirishima punched him playfully in the shoulder and stood up.

"Good night." He called before walking out and shutting the door behind him.

Kaminari pulled the covers over himself, wrapped his arms around himself and laid on his side in a ball. 

He wondered what Izuku was doing before sleep overtook him.