Chapter 9

Izuku stretched out in the mattress like a cat. He yawned and curled back onto his side, his eyes feeling heavy again. His body sunk into the mattress in the most delicious way. He was in absolute contentment. He smiled to himself as he started to drift back to sleep.

Kaminari stood outside the door to Izuku's room, contemplating. 

What would he see inside? What if Izuku was getting dressed? What if he was sleeping? 

A sleeping Izuku was an opportunity he couldn't miss out on. He carefully opened the unlocked door, making sure it didn't creak.

It was eerily quiet. 

He poked his head in through the hall and saw the formless lump underneath the sheets. 

He was still asleep. Kaminari internally thanked Almight for this. 

He tip-toed over to the bed, kneeled down and shamelessly watched the sleeping Deku, a small stream of saliva dripping down his open mouth. He snored softly and gripped the pillow between his arms.

Kaminari made a very important mental note.  

Izuku's nose twitched in his sleep, drawing attention to his full, freckled cheeks. Kaminari held back the urge to poke his cheeks.

Up close, his lashes looked longer than Kaminari last remembered. 

The blonde could stare at Izuku's sleeping form for the rest of the day but he had a reason for coming to his room so early on a weekend. 

Kaminari reluctantly stood up, stepping back a few feet from the bed before running forward and jumping onto the bed.

He landed squarely on Izuku's chest, knocking the wind out of the sleeping boy and causing him to jolt awake in panic. 

"No! Not today. I'm drawing the line." Izuku breathed out, trying to shove Kaminari off of him. The blonde trapped his arm between both of his and pulled it close. 

"You wake me up everyday for school and I put up with it but this is where I draw the line." Izuku pointed his free hand in the air to gesture at the drawing of a line. "I sleep in on weekends."

"Yeahhh, you might've done that before you met me." Kaminari had a smug smirk on his face. He pulled Izuku into a sitting position. 

"Ugh!"

"C'mon! We're going to the beach! You know, waves, blue skies, fresh air!"

"Hmph." Izuku pouted, his cheeks puffing out in the cutest way. His hair flopped around his face as he turned his head sharply away from the stubborn blonde. Kaminari temporarily forgot how to breathe. 

"...I'll get you a new stuffed animal."  

"Alright let's go."

Izuku had a look of longing on his face as he stared out at the ocean. The cold waves splashed around his feet and the wind whipped his hair around his face. 

He wore basic blue swim shorts and a white, open button-up shirt that blew in the wind around his frame. 

Kaminari was back on the shore with his knees tucked up close to his chest, staring at Izuku in mesmerization. 

Kirishima stood nearby with his hands on his hips, staring back and forth between Izuku and Kaminari.

"These useless gays." He muttered under his breath.

"C'mon Kiri, let's go look at fish and shit." Bakugo called for him from the shoreline. 

"Coming!" Kirishima was quick to respond, quickly making his way towards the blonde who looked less irritated than normal today.