Chapter 15

"Midoriya. Kaminari. You're next." Aizawa didn't bother to look up from his desk as he called their names with a yawn.

It was finally their turn. The bell would be ringing any minute now.

Izuku was already standing at the front of the room with a resting smile on his face. Kaminari gulped, each step was antagonizing. As he neared Izuku, the boy's eyes darted around his hands, looking for the poster that was missing.

His smile fell and his expression seemed to ask 'Where is it?'

Kaminari stood beside him and picked at his fingernail. "I don't have it."

"What happened?" Izuku whispered into his ear. 

"Jerk from 1-B spilled coffee on it. It's ruined."

He heard Izuku's jaw clench. He knew exactly who he was talking about.

"Well?" Aizawa asked, looking between the two expectantly.

"Mr. Aizawa, I'm sorry, I-"

"It's my fault. I lost it." Kaminari spoke over Izuku. 

"Is that so?"

"It is."

"Well then, you know what that means. You'll be doing the simulator."

Kaminari nodded and returned to his seat. Izuku was rooted to the spot, his mouth agape before the stares on him brought him back to reality and he walked back to his desk.

The bell rang almost immediately after Izuku sat down.

Kaminari slung his backpack over his shoulder and walked out, feeling Izuku's presence not far behind.

Kaminari waited against an empty wall as the hallways started to clear, everyone in a hurry to lunch.

Izuku was one of the last ones out and when he spotted Kaminari he shuffled over to him with wide eyes.

"Izu."

Kaminari's lips moved and he began talking but Izuku wasn't hearing what he was saying. Denki Kaminari, the boy who hated simulators and having to use his quirk in front of a large crowed of people, had just accepted it without a second thought and would have to compete in an extensive, challenging simulator as consequence.

Izuku's chest fluttered, adrenaline pumping through his veins as he thought over this.

"-And I understand if you're upset. I'd be upset too. I'm sorry I'm such an idiot."

Izuku shook his head and glanced at Kaminari's hands. He'd been picking at them the entire time. He grabbed them and Kaminari looked at him with parted lips.

"What-"

Izuku gave his hands a firm squeeze and stood up on his tip-toes so he could plant a soft kiss on Kaminari's lips. The blonde froze at first. As his brain began to process what was happening he slid his hands from Izuku's and wrapped them around the small of his back, gripping onto his shirt and pulling him in closer. 

The kiss ended faster than either of them would've liked when Kaminari pulled away first for air. Izuku pouted up at Kaminari, thinking it was over when the blonde pushed him against the wall, trapping his body and grabbed his warm cheek, going in for another heated kiss. 

They broke away once more, Izuku wrapping his fingers in Kaminari's soft mane of hair and looking up at him with dilated pupils. 

Kaminari breathed out, his breath hitting Izuku's nose and causing it to twitch. The blonde held his face and ran his thumbs slowly over his cheeks before he leaned down to pepper his face in small kisses. 

"How come we've never done this before?" He asked, breathless as he pressed his forehead against Izuku's. 

He felt him laugh, his body shaking. 

Emerald stones met amber ones as Izuku looked up at Kaminari's bright eyes. He twirled a piece of his blonde hair around his finger and his lips pulled down at the corners into a frown. 

"I have to pee. But I don't want to let you go." 

Kaminari's chest swelled and he pulled the small boy into a tight hug, swinging him around in place. 

"Who gave you the right to be so cute?" 

Izuku giggled against his shoulder when Kaminari squeezed him a little too tight. 

"Ow. My bladder." 

"Sorry." 

Kaminari reluctantly let him go and Izuku gave him one last quick peck on the lips before walking towards the direction of the bathrooms. 

Kaminari felt like he was walking on cloud nine as he made his way to the lunch room.

He hadn't even registered where he was until he was sat down at a table with Sero, Bakugo, Kirishima and Jiro. 

"What's got you looking so happy?" Kirishima asked, shoving a fork-full of mashed potatoes into his mouth. 

"It's Kaminari. It's like he's secretly high 24/7." Sero chimed in, stealing a fry from Kirishima's plate. 

"Ew. Stop smiling so much I'm trying to eat." Bakugo made a disgusted face. 

"Cherry, be nice." Kirishima swatted at his spikey hair that was poking him in the face. 

"Stop calling me that!"

"Girls. Stop fighting." Jiro said in irritation. She'd witnessed enough of their childish bickering in one day to amount to a lifetime. 

"It's sexual tension." Sero said quietly next to her. 

"Indeed."

"Izuku's my boyfriend." Kaminari said softly, his smile only widening as the word escaped his lips. 

"What?" Sero and Jiro asked together, eyes wide. 

"I think I'm gonna throw up." Bakugo leaned back in his seat and pushed his tray away. 

"Oh hell yes! Do you know how long I've been waiting for this?" Kirishima wiped a few stray tears from his eyes.

Kaminari breathed in, eyes closed, and placed his hands on the table as he stood up. 

"My mission isn't over yet."

"What?" They all asked. 

For the rest of the lunch period, rather than eating, Kaminari went around to every table and informed everyone how he was dating Izuku. He made sure to spend a good amount of time rubbing it in Uraraka's face.

Izuku walked out of the bathroom and down the hall to the next class. Along the way he passed by Sero.

"Congrats, man."

"Uh thanks?" Izuku kept walking, confused.

He encountered others along the way as well. 

Shoji and Tokoyami had congratulated him. 

But for what?

Finally, when Asui skipped up to him with a broad smile and patted him on the shoulder and sang, "Congratulations!", he turned around before she could get too far and asked the question he'd been dying to know. 

"For what?"

She stopped and placed a finger to her lips, perplexed. "For dating Kaminari, of course."

"I- What?"