Chapter 3

Kaminari sauntered down to the common's area while humming a happy tune that had been stuck in his head for weeks.

He spotted a certain head of green hair poking out from the couch when he rounded the corner and smiled to himself. 

He'd have to sneak up on him.

Then his stomach growled, reminding him that food was a top priority right now.

He tip-toed around the couch and walked into the kitchen and saw Bakugo writing something on a piece of paper on the counter and side-stepped him to the fridge. He opened it.

"What's going in my tummy today." He sung, scanning the shelves.

His smile dropped when he saw the contents of the fridge. There were 2 raw eggs, a carton of milk, a container of wrinkled grapes and 3 cucumbers.

"What- What is this?!" Kaminari spun around and waved his arms at the open fridge.

Bakugo turned around and shrugged. He went back to writing.

"I need food! Do something." He stepped behind Bakugo and tugged at his sleeve.

Bakugo grunted in annoyance and shoved his arm off.

"Ugh you're like a beast! Come on. Work your wizardly food magic."

"You want me to cook?"

"Yes, exactly!" Kaminari eagerly nodded his head. 

"I'm not your maid."

Kaminari huffed. 

He looked around to see if anyone else would come to his rescue when he saw Izuku staring up at him from the couch. There was a blue book in his hand.

Kaminari broke the staring contest first when he felt something being pushed into his chest.

He looked down at a giant yellow sticky note that was stuck to his shirt.

"What's this?"

"It's a list. You want food, go buy the ingredients." Bakugo said while starting to walk off back to the dorms with his hands tucked away into his pants pockets.

Kaminari tried reading the note upside down. He squinted his eyes and huffed.

"This is boring." He mumbled to himself.

Right before Bakugo left the room the realization hit him like a slap to the face. 

This was Kaminari

The last time he sent him shopping for something he came back 3 hours later with 5 bags. He had blown all of Bakugo's money on stupid shit like shirts with animals on them or face masks or stuffed animals. Bakugo had made him return all the items the next day.

Bakugo looked around. The only other person in the room was Deku.

"Take Deku with you." He waved a hand in his direction. 

Izuku looked up from his book at the sound of his nickname but found no one was in the room. He frowned, feeling uneasy.

"Izuku!"

Izuku flinched at the sight of Kaminari standing behind him next to his right shoulder. He was crouched down and his head was resting on the back of the couch.

"Yes?"

"Come shopping with me!"

"Uh right now?"

Kaminari rolled his eyes and grabbed at Izuku's hand. The book tumbled onto the couch next to him as he was pulled up to a standing position.

"Yes, now! Do you have your wallet?"

Izuku felt his pockets with his free hand. 

"Yeah. Why?" Izuku frowned. This was feeling too familiar.

"I don't have mine but I'll pay you back. Pinky promise." He held out his pinky and Izuku stared at it before Kaminari rolled his eyes and grabbed his hand, extending out his pinky and wrapping it around his own.

Izuku nodded, a knot forming in his stomach.

It was a quick walk to the store since it was just around the corner from the school. 

Kaminari still hadn't let go of his hand.

Izuku stared at his feet, thinking, remembering.

"Come on Izuku. Pay for us."

"Yeah you're the only one with money. We all left our wallets back home."

"You're not going to make us go all the way back for them are you? Some friend you are."

"We'll pay you back. Don't you trust us?"

Kaminari felt a slight tug on his arm and realized he was still connected to Izuku. 

They had made it outside the store and he stopped. Izuku still hadn't looked up. His face was unreadable and his eyes were sad. This was the first time Kaminari had seen this look on the boy. Not that he'd ever paid much attention to him before but he would've remembered if he ever saw him looking so down.

He swung his arm a bit. It caught Izuku's attention and he looked up, the light in his eyes slowly fading back in.

Weird, Kaminari thought.

"We're here." He said softly, unsure if he had done something wrong. 

He dropped Izuku's hand in case that was the reason for his sudden mood change. He knew his friends usually thought he was too clingy. Kirishima didn't mind but Bakugo and Sero did. They didn't like Kaminari smothering them.

Kaminari began looking around for the items he could remember that were on the list. Izuku was doing most of the searching, he had found more than half the items already. They met back again, Izuku had a cart full of groceries and Kaminari had his arms filled with snacks and drinks that Izuku was sure weren't on the list but he didn't say anything.

"Done?"

"Mhm." Kaminari dropped the items into the cart with an exaggerated grunt.

They began walking to the cash register while Izuku tried to calculate how much this would all be in his head. He wasn't exactly sure how much he'd put into his bank account. He rarely went shopping and when he did he certainly didn't get this much stuff.

Kaminari stared at Izuku's face from the corner of his eye, trying to decipher the look on his face.

They made it to the register and Izuku hesitantly pulled out his wallet.

Kaminari felt guilty for forgetting his wallet but he'd pay him back. He pinky promised.

The total came to $120.45.

Kaminari took a pen that was sitting in the holder on the cash register desk and wrote the number down on the inside of his wrist so he wouldn't forget.

Izuku breathed out when the card was accepted.

Kaminari took a few bags and Izuku took the rest that were left.

They began their walk back.

It was oddly quiet, but the silence was comforting for Kaminari at least.