Chapter 7

Izuku and Kaminari sat in the commons area. Kaminari was laying back with his feet propped up on Izuku's lap.

"Chocolate or vanilla?"

"Mmm chocolate." Kaminari answered with an affirmative nod.

"Oh, thank Almight." Izuku breathed out.

Kaminari sat up. "You're a chocolate lover too?"

"Pff of course. Chocolate is superior. Vanilla is for those who don't have taste buds."

Kaminari high-fived Izuku. "We're in the superior race."

Kirishima walked over to the two with a smug smile.

"Soo. Whatcha talking about?"

"Our superiority." Izuku responded.

"Bow down to us peasant." Kaminari said, placing an empty bag of chips on his head like it was a crown.

Kirishima rolled his eyes.

"That means get down on your knees."

Izuku stifled a giggle with his hand and Kaminari gaped at him.

Kaminari never expected Izuku to be so... fun

He felt like this was a whole rare side of him that only he had seen.

"Anyways." Kirishima continued. "We're having movie night. You in?"

"Of course we are!" Kaminari answered immediately. 

"We?" Izuku looked at him, confused.

"Yes, we. Like you have anything better to do."

"Actually... I had something planned with Todoroki and Iida."

Kaminari blinked. He had forgotten Izuku had other friends. Others saw the rare side too.

"Oh well, we can always reschedule. We were just going to the library anyway." Izuku typed away at his phone. 

When he received a text he smiled.

Kaminari crossed his arms and stood up, starting to walk towards the dorms. When no one followed him he turned around with a huff.

"You coming?"

Izuku placed his phone back into his pocket and walked beside Kirishima as they followed the speed-walking Kaminari.

Kirishima's room was dark. 

The only light came from the bright TV screen. The only other people in the room were Bakugo, Jiro, Shinsou, Shoji and Asui.

"We have two more hostages." Kirishima announced as they walked into the room. He took a spot on the bed next to Bakugo.

Shoji extended two of his arms, a drink in each hand and gestured them towards Izuku and Kaminari. 

"Want some?" He asked.

"Sure!"

"Thanks." Said Izuku.

They accepted the drinks and took the only open spots at the front of the bed on the floor.

Kaminari looked around for a stuffed animal to grab only to find the room void of anything even remotely close to a stuffed animal. Izuku noticed his eyes darting around the room and made an educated guess on what he was looking for. 

He leaned in next to Kaminari's ear and whispered lowly, his voice a warm rumble.

"You can go get one from my room."

Kaminari shivered and nodded, standing up a little too quickly and exiting the door.

He knew the way to Izuku's room by heart since it was like his second home by now.

Along the way he kept replaying Izuku's voice in his mind. The faint smell of his breath, the warmth of it against his skin, his dark green eyes. 

Kaminari shook his head as he opened the door to Izuku's room. He snatched the first stuffed animal on the bed and quickly walked back to Kirishima's room.

He could hear the loud commotion before he even opened the door. 

When he finally walked in, Izuku was situated close to the screen, his eyes transfixed on the game they were playing.

Kirishima had a controller in his hand and Bakugo was seated back against the bed frame, a hidden hand on Kirishima's thigh.

Kaminari silently sat down next to Izuku and shoved his hand into a giant bowl of popcorn in front of him.

"No, no, no, no, no!- Damnit, Midoriya!" Kirishima cried, watching as his character on the screen exploded and spun out of control. Izuku giggled to himself as he sped past and claimed the lead spot in their race. "God, you're brutal."

"His innocent baby deer eyes are a lie." Shinsou grumbled, stuck somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Everyone groaned as Izuku took first place again.

"That's it." Kirishima shoved an extra controller into Kaminari's lap. "Help me bring him down."

"Death to the patriarchy." Tokoyami said from a dark corner of the wall.

"Shit!" Everyone flinched, startled to hear his voice.

"When'd you even get here?" Kirishima questioned, clutching at his chest.

"I've been here the whole time."

"He's a silent killer." Someone said.

"Alright.. Well, we've got a Midoriya to dismantle."

The round started and all was well for a few minutes... Until Izuku threw a bomb at Kirishima's and Shinsou's cars.

"No!" They shouted in unison.

Izuku chuckled as he sped past them, taking 3rd place.

"Denki! Avenge me." Kirishima cried. 

Bakugo snickered. He was sitting this round out. "Pikachu's about to get his ass lapped again."

"I won't be so easily taken down." He muttered darkly.

Izuku and Kaminari were the last ones left. Everyone had scooted closer to the screen at this point.

Izuku rammed into Kaminari's car, throwing him off balance. 

"Ha!" He yelled in triumph.

"Noooo! Meanie!" Kaminari whined as Izuku won again. He threw the Almight stuffed animal at his face and crossed his arms.

Izuku laughed as he caught it. "I'm sorry."

"No you aren't."

"Yeah you're right, I'm not."

Kaminari's mouth twitched up at the corners into a half-smile. "Damn you."

Bakugo cleared his throat. 

"Alright movie time." Kirishima said as he brought up a movie on the screen.

Kaminari yawned as he leaned back against the bed with his legs stretched out.

Kaminari felt his eyes getting heavier with each passing minute but he willed himself to stay up.

He was too tired to notice Izuku staring at him, more focused on the blonde than the action movie playing in front of them.

Izuku stared quietly at Kaminari's soft features, the curvature of his nose, the slight part of his lips, his bright, caramel colored eyes. Had he always been this lovely?

Izuku turned his attention back to the screen but silently scooted closer to the blonde.

He placed the stuffed animal from earlier in his hand that was laying palm side up on the floor next to him. Kaminari closed his eyes and smiled, wrapping his fingers around the soft item.

Izuku smiled too.