Chapter 6

Kaminari bit at his fingernail as he stared at the mumbling green haired boy on the other side of the classroom.

Had their desks always been this far apart?

Izuku's hair flopped around whenever he lifted his head to look out the window or looked down to continue writing. Kaminari didn't have a good view of the contents of his notebook from the angle he was sitting at.

He also couldn't hear Izuku's mumbling from this distance.

He let out a soft sigh and turned his attention to the back of Kirishima's head.

Izuku had finished writing and snuck a glance at the bored blonde on the other side of the room.

"He looks tired. Did he not get enough sleep?" Izuku mumbled to himself.

"Shut the hell up would you?" Bakugo placed his hands over his ears and groaned in annoyance.

"Sorry."

From the other side of the room, Kaminari stared at them with a furrowed brow.

Kaminari hadn't noticed the lunch bell ring until Kirishima nudged him in the shoulder.

"C'mon we're gonna be late." He said, already starting to walk out with Bakugo and Sero.

"Right." Kaminari mumbled, looking around the room to see Izuku was already gone.

Kirishima and Bakugo took their usual seats at the lunch table next to the windows. 

Kaminari glanced around the room, deciding on which table he should sit at today. He tried to be flexible and sit with different people every other day.

He spotted Monoma and Mina at a table and decided to join while he waited for Izuku to show up.

"Hey guys." He said with a smile, taking a seat next to the blonde.

Mina returned his smile from across the table.

Mina and Monoma continued their conversation they started before Kaminari joined them. The blonde turned around in his seat and squinted around in the room. 

Izuku was still missing.

He turned back around, deciding he'd have to ask him to join him some other time.

Mina was smirking at him and Monoma had a funny look on his face.

"What?" He asked, feeling awkward.

"You haven't seen it yet?" She questioned.

"How could you not? It's going viral around the school." Monoma snickered.

"Seen what?" Kaminari was curious now. He bounced in his seat. He was a sucker for gossip.

"This."

Mina shoved her phone in front of his face.

Kaminari's smile faltered.

There on her screen was a low-quality video of him short-circuiting after a simulation for testing their quirks that took place a week ago.

"Oh." Was all he could manage.

Monoma stuck his thumbs up in an effort to mimic Kaminari. He started sputtering nonsensical sounds. Mina knocked her head back in a laugh that sent an unpleasant chill through his entire body.

Kaminari tugged at the knees of his pants, wanting to be anywhere but there.

He looked around and saw other students laughing amongst themselves. Some were on their phones. A couple were looking in his direction.