Chapter 1

Astralea's POV

Security in this place is actually shitty. So far I've seen  only about a dozen of guards in the front. This is easy, too easy.

I am being paid one million dollars to kill a man, whose security is weak enough to send a newby. But I know why they chose me, I don't leave traces, I don't snitch, I make sure that the job is done. After all I am the best assassin there is, and the best part, almost no one knows that it's me.

I don't think a lot of people would be happy if they found out that the daughter of the leader of one of the biggest gangs in U.S was secretly an assassin. They call me Luna, don't know why but I kinda like it. Ironically the definition is very close to my actual name, Astralea.

I climbed up the balcony and managed to sneak into the house, they really should start locking their doors. the fact that it's on the 3rd floor doesn't stop anyone from breaking in.

Well, maybe some people.

Now finally I'm getting some action. There was a security guard, I could have started fighting him but I wouldn't want to make too much sound, so I decided to stab him in the neck instead.

Quick and efficient.

Motherfucker was heavy, I tried catching him and almost failed.

As far as I know the guy that I was hired to kill owns a few casinos, he also owes money to a good amount of people and refuses to pay the debt. And anyone who lives in our world knows if you don't pay the debt you get killed.

After the death all of the assets would go into paying all of his debts, so they will get the money with the interest and get rid of him at the same time.

I quietly went down the hallway towards his office. I usually make sure that I know every single room in the house I go to, I don't wanna get killed because of some stupid mistake.

If I do get killed, it better be fucking worth it.

As I go down the hallway in which every single light is on, no wonder he owes a lot of people, his electrical bill is probably hella high, I spot more security. Being quiet isn't and option anymore, so I go full in.

I kill the first one with my knife and jump on the other one, twisting his neck.

I call that a Black widow move.

Ironically I learned it in self defense class.

The design of the South wing of the house is quite stupid. It's a 3 story house and it's made in the Renaissance style, at least that's what it supposed to be. The walls are in the ugliest brown color and the art doesn't match the aesthetic.

Now I don't even feel bad about killing this guy, not like I felt bad earlier, I actually like my job. I know it makes me sound until like a psychopath but I found killing quite entertaining.

It's not like I go around and kill innocent people, no, these men kill for living.  A guy like Mark, my target, is one of those people who would sell cocaine to a bunch of kids to sell on the streets. He also abuses his wife constantly and his previous one died in an 'accident'. And he rapped his step daughter. I was willing to kill him for free to be honest.

At this point 6 of his bodyguards are killed. It's kinda stupid that's so far nobody realized that someone else is in the house, they really need to update their security, not like he will need it anymore since he will be dead in the next few minutes but still, for the future reference.

The next 2 men I meet actually spot me before I kill them, before one of them managed to use his radio, I shot both of them.

My gun has a silencer, it still made a sound and 2 200lbs bodies falling on the ground made even a louder one.

The room that I need to enter is locked, I was hoping it wasn't, I dont feel like spending time breaking the lock.

Lucky for me, the door opens, somebody from the inside wanted to know what that sound was. That's my cue.

Tired of fighting them, if you can call it that, I started shooting. At this point my presence was obvious.

I shot 6 security guards, they literally had guns on their hands but still were too slow to shoot me or even raise it.

Depressing.

I knew Mark had a few men in his office pointing a gun directly at the door, so I decided to use one of the dead security guards as a shield.

Walking in gunshots filled the room, and I responded. My shield had a bunch of holes in him, but he still fulfilled his purpose. 6 men dead, and Mark in front of me, sitting at his table.

"Luna, I wish I could say it's a pleasure seeing you, but we both know that would be a lie." Mark said who at this point accepted his death. "You know, I can pay you twice of what they did just for you to leave."

"Sorry Mark, but I care about my reputation. Plus you know the rules, if you don't pay up, your time is up."

"Before you kill me, mind telling me who hired you?"

"Can't do, but a lot of people want you dead, including me."

I raised my gun and shot him right between his eyes.

At this point his security would reach the third floor so going through the front door isn't an option. I opened the window in front of me and used a rope to get down.

Everytime when I do that I feel like spy. Sometimes I even hum the Impossible theme song.

It's the little things that matter.

I heard security finally enter the office, but I was already outside.

They figured that I used the window, but couldn't see me.

One of the things I learned at a young age is how to disappear, be invisible. Something you need to know how to do when you live in my world.

Maybe that's why no one knows the truth about me.

I started this 6 years ago. At first, it was fighting in the ring, then making deals with people to steal something, eventually it grew bigger. I had to get something better than a hood, so I got a silver wig, purple contacts and a mask.

By the time I turned 21 I had multiple cars, lofts, bank accounts with millions and a private jet.

When I turned 22 my bodycount was in hundreds and I was known around the world. Feared around the world. And I liked that.

I am a class A assassin.