chapter 34

Astralea's POV

We have won. The house is ours, our enemies are dead, well, some of them, we got New York back.

My room is completely destroyed though, except for my closet. At least something stayed intact.

"Well restorations here will take a minute." Mira said walking in through the broken door.

"Yeah, I kind of like the windows now though. "

"You mean that huge hole in the wall?"

"Yep. Might keep it. Just put glass over it."

I walk towards my bed, or whatever is left from it, Mira joins me.

"It's weird being back here, isn't it?" I guess she is feeling the same way as I am.

"Yeah, I kind of miss Italy, especially that chef."

"I know right, I was considering kidnapping him when we were leaving."

"I think he would rather kill himself than look at what we eat here. "

"Italians.... speaking of them, how are you and Enzo. "

"I don't know. I wasn't sure how I feel about him before, but after he left for Italy, all I could think about is him and how he felt when his dad died."

"You hated that man."

"Oh I absolutely did and I was hoping to be the one to kill him, but Enzo, I dont think I could ever kill him. And I felt that pain in him when he found out. All I wanted to do that moment was hug him and not let go."

"But you didnt."

"Because I doubt thats what he wanted. He is a boss of an Italian Mafia now, he doesn't have time to pay attention to me. That's not how that works. And I feel like he is hiding something from me."

"Speaking of that, did you notice how dad started acting weird too. You think it's related?"

"Maybe, one thing for sure, we aren't going to find that out from them. Especially not now."

"What if we kidnap one of them and question?"

"Don't you know the training they all had to go through, and the occasional tests."

"Yeah, kind of messed up if you think about it. They were fake kidnapped and tortured to ensure that all secrets are being kept."

"At least all we had to do was escape."

"You know, if you tell someone that our dad tied us to a chair pretending that he is a kidnapper and waited for us to get free is slightly messed up."

"Yeah...we did it though."

"You are right."

I love moments like these with Mira. Just casually talking about weird stuff that we had to do. Makes me feel kind of normal, in a weird way.