chapter 17

Enzo's POV

Night Paris reminds me of New York. Main streets packed, pretty and bright, but the moment you go around the corner you see all that dirt, the true side of it. I guess all places have that.

Maybe not Iceland, not even once I heard anything bad about it. I tried going once, but failed. I could have forced my way in, but I didn't want to poison that place with me and my people.

Maybe one day I'll have a vacation there. Just me and nature. And language that's impossible to learn.

Astralea and I landed about two hours ago. I went straight to the club and she went to the safe house to change. Let's see if platinum blonde short wig will do the trick.

I think it would be easier to make her a bartender or something. I'm not even sure that she can dance. No doubt she has many talents, but that, she wouldn't simply have time to practice.

In another life I wouldn't be surprised if she was a stripper. With a body like that, its a waste of a talent.

But in this life, I doubt she had time to learn how to pole dance.

I sat next to 4 men at the bar. One of them I recognized from the file Adron got. He was at the meeting in some Russian factory and might know something.

"Scotch, make it a double." I told bartender loud enough. I need to make sure that they aren't suspicious of me.

"Need to forget your problems?" Bartender asked.

"I caught my girlfriend, or ex girlfriend I guess, sleeping with my brother." That sounds like a good cover.

"Oh shit, sorry to hear that man."

"Oh it gets better, apparently she also slept with my dad. She called him a fucking dilf. I wouldn't be surprised if she fucked my sister at this point."

Bartender's eyes got wide from the shock and four men looked at me.

"That drink is on us. And the next two as well." One of them said.

"Thank you brother." I said and raised my glass to him.

Free drinks and information. Success.

"You aren't French, where are you from?"

Before I could answer that question and come up with another believable cover story, the music stopped and lights turned neon purple which grabbed our attention.

"Gentlemen, may I present, Cherry."

Curtains opened and in the middle of the stage a woman in a long black dress stood. She looked up, her long wavy red hair falling down her shoulder. If not those deep beautiful eyes I wouldn't have recognized her. Astralea.

She clearly abandoned the original outfit and wig and went with something of her own. She looks gorgeous.

Remix 'Streets x Needed me' by Doja Cat started playing.

She walked towards the pole and on the beat lifted herself up with one hand and started spinning. Wrapping her legs around the pole she let go of her hands.