chapter 22

New character alert ⚠️ 📢 🚨

Astralea's POV

It shouldn't be awkward, but for some reason it is. We have been on this plane for about 5 hours and haven't said a word to each other.

3 more hours to go.

I want to kill myself.

I get up from my seat and go to the back where we have couches, if you can call them that. Should have taken my plane, much more comfortable.

I need to take a nap.

The whole night we have been planning the trip, our cover story, everything. I'm exhausted.

"Thank you. " Enzo broke the silence.

"For what?"

"You saved my brother. You have been keeping that secret for years and you told your family... to save my brother. That means more to me than you can possibly imagine."

He is actually being sincere. Never thought I'm going to hear those words from him.

I just nodded in response.

The truth is, I like Rio. So keeping my secret and not saving him was never an option. The moment I found out they took him I knew I had to get him.

.......

We were finally landing. Our cover is that someone, who we can't name, hired both of us. At least that's what people are going to assume since we won't be telling shit.

We never worked together before, don't know how that's going to go.

But I do know that Enzo, or Hades I guess, is going to get jealous.

I put my wig and contacts on. Usually I wear my black mask, but since we are going to a ball I decides to be fancier. I got this black mask with silver gems on it. It still covers my mouth, but it matches my long black dress with silver glitter that makes me look like I'm glowing. It has a long cut on the side in case I need to fight someone.

My hair is put up so it makes it look like silver hair is my natural.

I walk out from the bathroom and Enzo's eyes fall onto me. He looks at me up and down, like he is trying to mesmerize me.

He doesn't look bad himself. A black suit and a black mask. Usually he is wearing a hood, but not this time. I just hope no one would recognize him.