Chapter 14

The child was snoring peacefully in my arms as I held the reigns of the horse at a steady pace. I no longer had any injuries as they self healed as time passed. Although yet another big dilemma was hanging over my head, a tall armoured woman sulking the entire time we've set journey to the demon kingdom.

Her name, Leafi, as well as my former fiancé, an amazing fact none of my siblings mentioned. While I had my fair share of experiences being with the same gender in my past life, being in a relationship, especially an engagement was out of my expertise.

Although I am amazed at how this life doesn't seem to stop throwing curveballs my way, let's see my heart gets broken, kidnapped by some random bandits, free myself and even run into my former lover!

I sighed just wanting to sleep in peace as soon as I see my baby. Leafi finally broke the long silence between us as an army of vampire soldier's respectfully trailed behind us from a distance.

"The plantain who stayed behind to help the prisoners have given word that all who escaped are being transferred back to Jasilar for further extensive care and accommodation for them", she reported in a more serious tone, void of any of the cheerfulness she had when we first met.

Jasilar was the name of the capital my family ruled which Leafi spoke about, I didn't hold back and told her I had lost my memories causing her to give me a look of utter horror.

She needed a moment to compose herself then went right back into giving me a brief lecture of the history of my family my siblings had yet to talk about.

My family are actually all warriors, very skilled and well trained warriors who commanded the vampire race for thousands of years making them into the indestructible race they've become today. I took pride in hearing her stories, especially of how the original Oriana parents and a handful of soldiers singlehandedly stood against an army of orcs and came out as the victors.

"If I may ask your royal highness, how old is the royal princess?", Leafi asked with a tinge of fear in her voice.

I answered without much thought, to at least give the original body's fiancé some closure," She's a few months old at best and no I'm not in a relationship with her father, we are good friends raising her together".

I gave her more info then needed but didn't want her to ask more and more questions about the sore subject. Yet that only brought back all of Leafi cheerful spirit back, smiling and grinning to herself.

In no time I could see the castle in the distance and wanted to close the gap. I gently passed Pima to Leafi before shooting into the air flying towards the castle. I glided into my baby's room who was wailing nonstop with several maids failing to calm her.

I didn't care about what mess I looked like nor the distress the maid made seeing me enter the room. Most knelt to the ground while one lowered her head as she had a damp cloth for me to wipe myself.

I didn't forget to thank her as I wiped away at my hands and face then quickly discarded the cloth. Emmy stopped for a mere second and looked in my direction, immediately reaching for me.

Although it didn't seem like a while since I saw my baby she seemed to have grown much more hair on her head and even had more chubby cheeks that I couldn't resist in pinching.

"Mama!", she cried over and over again as I held her close to my chest.

I couldn't hold back and shed a few tears just holding her in my arms.

"Oh my baby, mommy has missed you so, so much", I whispered kissing her forehead.

There was no way some random bandits would keep me from my baby. Whilst I held her in my arms, I could feel a familiar set of eyes on my body.