Chapter 5

"Mama", a sweet and soft tone spoke aloud.

I swore my eyes would have popped out of my eye socket hearing my baby girl say her first words.

I lifted her in the air screaming in shock and joy. Iris on the other hand simply smiled watching her speak her first words.

"Congratulations on your first words Princess Emersyn", she bowed her in respect whilst I showered Emmy with kisses on her chubby cheeks.

"Say it again Emmy! Mommy wants to hear you one more time. Pleaseeeeeeeeeee", I asked with my baby tone swaying with her.

Emmy giggles seeing me talk with a baby voice again. Her little giggles always seem to warm my heart. The growth of a demon child was rapidly faster then the growth of a human child. It has only been a few weeks and she has already spoken her first word and could crawl without any assistance.

I wouldn't be surprised if she could walk already but due to her aunt and grandmother always spoiling her by picking her up and taking her around the palace, she has yet to develop any strength in her little legs.

Today was the first time her fathers family haven't come to take her away because of my little out burst of not spending time with my own baby.

Emmy gave me a smile with her three front teeth. She grabbed my cheeks and tried to mimic my kisses too. My heart could not take her cuteness any longer and bought my face close to hers as she planted her lips on my cheek.

This girl, she'll be a charmer for sure when she grows older. But with her family, especially her father around, I'm afraid she'll have no suitors until the very, very distant future. Or ever.

"Mama!",She squealed just as much as I did.

The amount of times I've smiled because of this little ball of light in my arms was immeasurable. My smile then began to crack as I could smell Emmy do her business in her diapers. Iris too had a stiff expression as she caught a whiff of the smell too.

Although my little demoness was busy kissing my cheek over and over again.

"You sure know how to change a mood my darling", I laughed in resignation as I grabbed another cloth to use as a diaper.

Thankfully it wasn't as bad as other times and was quickly cleaned up. Iris helped pick up another outfit to for her to wear to dinner whilst I wore a simple beige coloured dress.

The food served during our meal times we're beyond extravagant. The richest and the quality of the food being prepared isn't what I was used to.

I was used to eating on minimum rations and drinking barely drinkable water as a assassin. Food was very valuable and we were never allowed to waste anything. There was always a use for anything the grandmasters had brought back to us.

Although what I did pick up was that neither Zaroth, or any of his family members enjoyed sweet dishes. The deserts the chefs made were always left alone. And from a conversation with Elezen, the food that wasn't eaten was thrown away.

Therefore, instead of throwing out the food to waste, I gathered the untouched deserts the royal family and distributed the dishes between the maids and servants.

I knew the kitchen staff had known what I can make but the maids and servants maintaining the palaces appearance, had not.

To reward their efforts I gave them the sweets and no one in the royal family had anything to say against this. Also, this small act will win me points in becoming closer with them too.

"Papa! Aunwie.(Auntie) Gwanie". (Grannie)".

Emersyn squealed from her high chair and they all froze, looking at her in silence. The smile on Emmy's face slowly dwindled as her family said nothing in response.

I just raised a brow, I've lived with this lot long enough to know exactly how they'd react. Just a few more seconds.

"Our little princess is already so smart!", Feya smiles as she walked to Emmy, carefully lifting her up and dancing in excitement.

"I must turn this into a national holiday where our princess spoke her first words!", Elezen also gathered around Emmy with a genuine smile on her face.

I looked towards Zaroth because surely he would be reasonable and stop the outrageous suggestions Elezen was sprouted. But no. He was nodding in agreement.

What a doting father! Even with him barely speaking I know for certain he is the one who always sends brand new toys for Emmy to play with everyday.

As well as when he thinks I'm asleep, he always comes late at night to take Emmy on walks. Zaroth is perhaps the one person whom I never have to worry about taking care of our daughter because I have seen just how much she cares for her, despite his 'cold' personality.

"So while we have a few moments to ourselves, I'd like to venture outside the palace walls", I spoke with a levelled tone facing the demon lord.

"I didn't take you as the type to ask for permission to leave", his tone of voice sent a little shiver down my spine which I did my best to ignore.

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. Besides I know your sister and mother want Emmy for the day. I'll be back by the time she needs to be put to sleep."

I took another bite of fresh bread from the table and already gave Iris orders about the deserts. A quick kiss on the cheek to my sweetheart before I was finally able to finally see exactly what this world had to offer.

And visit some human settlements whilst trying out if my powers work.