Chapter 8

After I had successfully removed myself from the clutches of my younger sisters I needed my daily dose of kissing my sweethearts chubby cheeks. I waved towards the guards who nodded in respect as I walked into the castle with Iris appearing at my side.

"The crown princess is currently having a 'play date' with his majesty", Iris frowned as she tried to articulate what that really meant.

I smiled at the news and giggled imaging that giant ice cube become nothing but a mere servant in his daughters eyes.

"Well as much as I enjoy their father- daughter time. Mama here misses her baby too much!", I sighed walking towards Azaroths office where no doubt my favourite person is.

The guards at his door once again nodded their head in respect as I was near the office. I could hear the squeals and giggles that Emmy was creating and yet another smile graced my lips.

The door was opened for me and I stopped dead in my tracks whilst Iris unsuccessfully tried to hide her laughter behind me.

His office which was once covered in thick, black coloured curtains that draped onto the ground. There is little to no sunlight in the room with only lanterns lit around the room for light. To put it simply, his room was devoid of any warmth and comfort that I was surprised he had gotten any work done.

And yet here is a completely different scenery that made something within me grow extremely warm, the comfortable kind of warmth.

Now the room was filled with sunlight, with life and the furniture had been 100% baby proofed with all the weapons that had occupied most of the room was now replaced with an abundant amount of plushies that Emmy loves.

The room did remain squeaky clean but that was not what held my attention for very long. What did was the scene in front of me, with my baby and her father.

The man who'd acknowledge me when needed, who would never show emotion only when his eyes landed on our daughter and had always had a frown on his very handsome face was now smiling so naturally as Emmy was happily clapping her hands together.

He was swaying back and forth with Emmy being secure in his arms smiling like a fool seeing Emersyn so happy. Emmy was tilting her head back and forth to match Azaroths actions.

He brought his lips to her forehead and continued to peck her forehead numerous times, as the action was clearing amusing to Emmy who giggled each time her father kissed her forehead.

Fortunately Emmy noticed Iris and I as she popped her head to the side with a clueless expression before giving me a toothless smile.

"Mama!", she screamed wriggling in my direction and the way Zaroth stiffened made me laugh without a second thought.

I waved my hand and made my way towards them both. I smiled Zaroth who nodded in return. Usually I would take Emmy without asking Zaroth whether or not he was tired of holding her but instead I went on my tip toes to nuzzle my nose with hers to which she happily returned.

All too soon our daughters energy was sapped as she was now sleeping soundly on his father chest. She looked so small compared to the giant of a man Zaroth is.

Iris excused herself to gathered refreshments for the both of us as we settled onto the couch merely looking at Emmy sleep.

I went to grab a small blanket draped over the couch and carefully placed it around our daughter to make sure she was warm and cozy. Azaroth didn't seem to mind at all.

"I want us to have a harmonious relationship. For the sake of our daughter that is. But what about when she grows, what will your purpose be besides being a mother to her?"He spoke quietly to not wake the sleeping beauty in his arms.

" Of course nothing would make me more happy but let me cut straight to the chase. I'm not suited to rule by your side. We will always be connected through our daughter but I will not live the rest of my days in this castle", I spoke with emphasis to make sure he knew I was not joking.

"Once she's old enough I will travel the world to discover what's beyond the borders of your kingdom. Don't fret, I will only leave for a few weeks at most because I'd miss our daughter and your lovable family too much", I continued as I could see his facial expression drop at my words.

Thankfully this isn't some bloody political fight for the throne kind of lifestyle as the demon race seemed quite peaceful to me at least. But for the opposing side so close to the borders with the sole purpose of killing everyone who contains royal blood, I won't pretend that this peaceful life will last forever, plans will need to formulated to guarantee my daughters peaceful future.

Despite being in a different body, I've trained just as I did on my home planet slowly regaining the same strength I possessed before transporting to this world. This was the reason I started the daily training routines with the royal guard mans , which was partly for my delight of seeing their completely defeated faces, not that I'd ever tell them so.

But mainly to train them into more powerful resources that'll protect my daughter and those that have taken me under their care since my arrival, but mostly to protect Emmy above all else.

Yet Azaroth pulled me from my thoughts as he spoke in a somewhat shallow tone."Understood. Seeing how you've behaved over the past few months it's clear to me that you do not care for my opinion in your decisions, which is fine".

He adjusted his hold on Emmy as she squirmed slightly," To also not want to be apart of the family ruling over millions of lives is also understandable. I will not bring up that topic ever again", He finished off patting our daughters back hushing her back to a peaceful sleep.

" I have family receding in town right now who very much want to meet our daughter and I'm actually a vampire, a royal at that", I quietly spoke as I planted a very gentle kiss on Emmys forehead and took her from her fathers arms.

Azaroth on the other hand was silent standing still at the news while carefully putting Emmy in my embrace. Opening and closing his mouth to try to speak as I laid our daughter on the couch, patting her stomach gently to calm her down.

I knew the news would take a little bit to digest for him but I couldn't help myself laughing at the weird expressions on the usually emotionless demon lord I see everyday.

To be fair, I was a bit anxious to let him know only because I don't know what the situation with the demons and vampires were like. But judging from my siblings reactions I can rest easy knowing another war won't break out because of my union with Azaroth.

He again went to sit on the other side of Emmy who awoke for a few seconds, reaching out with her small arms saying quietly,"Papa" followed by a cute yawn as he settled Emmy on his chest.

To which she thankfully fell asleep snoozing on her dad who left a kiss on her head. I leaned against the couch moving closer to their side sighing at the sight of our beautiful daughter, full of content and relieve to see her fast asleep.

"This doesn't complicate anything for us does it?", I asked once again covering them both with a blanket.

He shook his head immediately cutting off any doubts I had,"None, more so I feel relieved that you found your family. Vampires have always been on friendly terms with my race as well".

" Being as beautiful as you are, I'm not surprised at all that you're a vampire, they have always been in the shadows but there were many rumours of how beautiful your race was", he continued with his emotionless face again looking straight into my eyes.

I raised a brow looking at him with the open flirtatious mood, tempting but not what I was in the mood for since our baby needs to be in her crib for a necessary nap.

" Shall you take her or I", I suggested as I finally began to notice the deep bags under his eyes.

Just as he was about to response an explosive erupting shaking the entire room. Emmy wailed in alarm waking immediately and her father faster then the speed of light vanished not before asking me to watch our daughter.

As I began to soothe my daughter I could see the sky change from his natural blue sky to crimson blood within seconds. It seems that continuing those peaceful days of being lazy with Emmy will be put on hold for a while, depending how fast her father and I deal with this new mess.