Chapter 6

I rushed back to my room to gather my new disguise. After a week of testing and trialing then showing them off to my very own judges.

The first, my daughter who enjoyed my mini fashion show, clapping with excitement seeing my multiple dresses whilst the real judge, Iris shook her head at nearly every disguise I created. But the only one she approved of was the elven disguise.

I remember when I grabbed Emmy carefully by her arms as she wiggled happily and played with my platinum blonde hair (wig) and putting my hair over her own hair.

I kissed the centre of her forehead and slowly spoke in a language I spoke back from my home planet, "I love you sweetheart". Some day, I will teach Emmy how to speak the language of my world so it can only be our own little secret.

I smiled at the thought and slipped on my disguise, quickly making my way to the town outside the castle walls. The town was plain and a little dull, dampening my mood.

The atmosphere was somber at best with the on-going war, I still marvelled at the sight of the mystical creatures who passed by me, many looked worn out, exhausted and extremely tired.

From my time spent within the castle walls with not a single speck of dust to be seen through the numerous halls and the elaborate that were served, people wouldn't have believed that there was still a war happening with the humans.

I had only just entered this unknown place but had also had a daughter who is my everything also living in this world. Any adventuring or fooling around with whoever I fancied had to be put on hold until my Emmy was at least a young adult.

I gave a little sigh at the thought of inevitably being forced into another war to protect the only person bounding me to this kingdom. At that thought, would Zaroth seek other women to sate his nightly needs or perhaps get them pregnant and give my Emmy more siblings. I felt another unnecessary headache begin to form thinking about having more problems interfere with my life!

No more shitty thoughts, right now I just want to explore this world. I went towards a nearby bench to take a seat, I dusted  away the dead leaves along the chair and took a seat. The sound of an eagle resounded within a earshot and using one of the skills I had learnt as a child, I cracked a single knuckle and closed my eyes.

As I reopened my eyes, I gained full control of the said eagle getting its point of view. I flew the eagle further and further into the town to understand the structure and how it was built.

The town itself completely covered the castle for kilometres, then surrounded by battlefield grounds. There were vultures eating the leftover meat off of Skeltons of human and creatures alike. It seems that situation wasn't as peaceful as the castle life was and this better explains the atmosphere of the town.

I regain consciousness of my own body to exactly 5 people standing in front of me, all appearing ominous wearing black hoods yet held their piercing eyes glued unto my figure.

Was I about to fight right here and now? Damn I wanted to try my other worldly food or perhaps save some poor soul who gets mistreated on the street kind of nonsense. But I guess I couldn't choose every battle and I was dying to be able to fight after being all cooped up in the castle life.

"May I help you?", I leaned forward and a slight smile all ready to slit the throats of them all. A simple cast of magic created a barrier so no one in the outside could see me kill anyone or cause a scene.

What could I say? I am a woman of many, many talents and killing is just my favourite one yet, just behind being a mother to my Emmy.

"Ew, what's with that ugly smile. You think after being gone for a long time, you're suddenly pretty. Don't make me puke", one of the men at the back pretended to gag causing me to be slightly confused.