chapter 6

The earl was not supposed to stay for this long, hell he was supposed to come terms with the agreements of dowry and such as with the duke before returning to Carnarvon and announce the marriage will take place, but when he saw how the little minx had a heart attack recognizing him with her hair in wild mess and those breeches. drat it she shall never wear those breeches thought Nicholas, surprised with his own possessiveness about her attire. But it messed around with his mind, he rather liked to be sane.

Nicholas felt the day took on an interesting turn that he could not deny the request of the duke to dine for supper.

And he was not disappointed as she finally strode in, her whole appearance looking nothing like the moment before..no she looked like the perfect English lady.

And above It all she will be the woman he marriages... an image of her insanity crushing into his life turning it up and down came to mind, their characters meant to crash in every way.

The earl saw his own reflection like a bloody gloated fool with a smile laying on his lips. He shall really shout for Clifford so he can bring the doctors—he must have gone mad.

Something was terribly wrong, but he felt alive more than ever that cannot be a bad sign, he stood in one of the guest's room tying his tie as his carriage is outside.

Nicholas wanted a last look at her before returning back to Carnarvon but he chuckled lightly remembering her foxed state last night that no one else seemed to notice but him, she must sleep In deep he thought after all it is 6 o clock in the morning. He even wondered where the minx room was located, could she be exactly next door?

He was in the state of rolling up his sleeves as the door opened and was slammed shut a figure striding towards him, those striking blue eyes. He clenched his jaw trying not to do any thing foolish like smile or show any looks of a man that found one attractive and interesting.

''Do you mind, my lady?'' he gestured his appearance coolly and the lack of respect of not knocking, he caught the color on her cheek turning deep pink, ''It had to be this or either wake you up from sleep, we need to have a word'' she spoke completely disregarding her behavior. oh, how he thought of teaching this minx one thing or two. But he was surprised she was awake before him, she seemed to be in no affect of alcohol.

He stopped rolling his sleeves and focused entirely on her, there was something that made all her word vanish from her mind by looking at his imitating eyes, ''I do not like beating around the bush lets get on with it, You Hate me and I hate you, This marriage will be like a cow and a dog getting married, see impossible so let us come to some terms no one will know it is just between you and me,'' She stopped when she saw the amusement glimmering behind his usual cold eyes, the earl could not believe she compared him to an cow or was it the dog he was?

, ''Do go on'' He found himself telling her but she narrowed her eyes at him, ''As I was saying let us come to terms I have mine it is quite simple, you can go on with your life and mine separately—'' The earl thought it was high time to interrupt her absurdness, he titled his head, ''You take me for a fool? Let me guess this is  your way getting rid off your suitors?'' Nicholas asked his voice turning cold at the fact she placed him in the same category of her suitors.

Rose bit her lip as Nicholas followed the movement closely, she certainly thought it would work on the earl, he is supposed to be happy with her solution why is he asking this pointless question, ''You can say.. And I do not take you for a fool , why are you fuming at me? No, you know what that is perfect go on and be irritated it Is another proof I will only drive you insane we already confirmed that at the lake...'' She stopped as a strangled groan came from him, Nicholas cursed her mentally for reminding him what should be forgotten.