chapter 25

1813

24 August

Hampshire

Every day was filled with guilt, she knew she had to tell, tell Nicholas, tell her friends, tell everyone.

She dragged the time because Mabel was yet not found until last week, they located her somewhere they never believed she would be at, ''The gentlemen's club! What where you thinking!'' she scowled her.

Mabel did not speak, and Rose felt the double standards from herself, who is she lecturing when she hides something worse, ''I know! I know! And god If I did not want to tell you guys but this is a family matter, I cant be a burden again''

Rose watched Felicity, Amelia and Celeste gather around her and squeeze her tightly, ''You never are, how can you even think that? No secrets or anything will make you lose us, nothing can... we are unbreakable'' Celeste said, and Rose felt a sudden realization at her words that made her so damn emotional, we are unbreakable.

Rose sobbed out like she couldn't hold it on any longer, ''I'm pregnant''

She said it... She finally said it.

Out

And her friends might hate her for life for going back at everything, but she could not live in a lie and risk her baby.

''You... are—pregnant?'' Amelia gained the shock first as they all looked at her like she has horns on her head, she herself thought she never would experience this day.

Rose took a breathless inhale, ''How can I even explain...'' she felt it hard to breath as she looked at her friends, suddenly they looked at each other with a sharing smile, ''We knew my dear'' Felicity thought taking the stress out of her was the best in the situation.

Rose eyes widen, ''What? How''

''Are you seriously asking that when you go to the toilet more than three times a day, you did not do a good job trying to hide that'' Amelia answered as Rose was in bewilderment and at the verge of tears, ''Why didn't you guys yell at me, accuse me, anything?''

''remember our promise to always understand when it seems impossible? Do you think we wanted to make you feel guilty when you haven't committed a sin, you were married---'' Celeste spoke in fact as Rose cut in, ''—In only an agreement,''

''But you can't deny is definitely not in the list of your suitors, you would never let a man come near you if you did not want it'' Mabel continued with a sad smile, Rose tears fell as she started chuckling with sobs, ''Is it that obvious'' she said painfully not wanting to hide that fact anymore.

''You say? Its kind of impossible to have a conversation with you without you daydreaming'' Amelia chuckled as they both looked at each other, ''Listen, you know what to do and do not for one second feel guilty, you have chosen your freedom'' Celeste said after the silence.

Freedom? She has barely felt it, ''This is not freedom for you, you don't feel free when there's stress and guilt''

Rose wiped her tears with a new determination to set everything right, ''I have to— ''

''Your carriage is waiting, find that lucky man who succeed to make this excited''

Rose could not form any words as she never felt this overwhelmed, her baggage was already packed and done as she stood facing her best friends, ''This don't mean goodbye, there's no way were not going to miss the birth''

Rose laughed as she crushed them with a breathless hug and parted her way.

She could hardly prepare what she shall say or do when she returns, but she could most hardly not wait for the time to go faster.