chapter 28

''Are you okay?'' Sebastian entered his study, making Nicholas lit out the cigarette between his fingers, as he straightened up in his chair, ''I am, why do you ask?'' he lied smoothly as his brother took a seat.

He was not okay, far by that word. He was in hell, but the last thing he wanted was for his siblings to gather it, ''Do you really want me to say it?'' Sebastian snorted making Nicholas realize how he underestimated them, his brother was nineteen for heavens sake, he had to remind himself thousand times even if he couldn't stop seeing him as a kid, ''I rather you not, but considering that you indeed are wise I shall not treat you like a child'' he smiled as Sebastian nodded eagerly, ''You really should not'' he pointed in.

One who did not see the tension between Lady Rose and the earl must be blind because for the whole week they did not talk after their quarrel from the night she came back. When they ate by the dining table a whole iceberg could get between them. Rose sat at the very far of the table with companions of him that eagerly shared a conversation with her, and he strained his ears to hear what god damn was so amusing, when he realized that he clenched his jaw in irritation. He was a fool to think she would not affect him; he was a fool to think he would stop loving her. Every night he slept without anyone in his bed and god if he did not hold the urge to visit her and make love to her.

Nicholas cleared his throat uncomfortably, ''It happens, people do not get along all the time—'' His brother cut in between, ''But you don't seem happy with it, she doesn't seem happy as well.. isn't it best to solve it then?'' Sebastian said and Nicholas stared at him curiously with amusement, ''You talk from experience?''

Nicholas knew his brother had a fond of girls in school and got that information well when he used to be rebellious in his early teenage years ,  now he was about to go into university but they never had a talk about woman, not in an mature age. ''Yeah but we are not together anymore, she broke up with me'' Sebastian almost looked like he was sulking

Nicholas barked out a laugh, ''I dare to meet the girl,''

Sebastian groaned lightly, ''At least take my advice, she will ignore you for the rest of your life if you don't start now and before you know it she will be taken by another man'' he continued and Nicholas felt a sudden twitch of jealousy, there is no way another man will have her. Not until his last breath.

Nicholas stood up with a sudden determination, Sebastian was right, the whole world was right. It could not go on like this, he bloody wanted her, he loved her. That solutes everything, to hell with his grudge and pride, ''You are indeed right, I will have a talk with her right now, and boy remember one thing---' he stopped locking gaze with Sebastian's confused face, ''You might use that advice yourself, no woman leaves a St.James'' and with that arrogance he strode out of his study, searching for his wife

Yes his wife

And only his. When he came to her bedchamber, he opened the door without knocking as Rose shrieked in panic from her nudity, he clenched his jaw in anger seeing her change clothes out in the open, anyone could see what was his! Leave the woman to piss him off and turn him on at the same time, ''What are you doing!'' she hissed as he locked the door with a smirk on his face, he cocked his head and dangled the key in his hand before shoving it under the door, ''Making mends'' he answered brusquely as she quickly put on her chemise. Nicholas walked towards her as she ignored him with crossed arms, ''I don't see why you're here'' she bit out feeling his heat behind her back.

He leaned into the crook of her neck making Rose shudder, ''a bird whispered in my ear and made me realize..'' he trailed off as he felt intoxicated with the perfume on her neck, his voice was dark and husky as he continued, ''that somethings are more worth fixing,'' he finished and sneaked his arms around her waist as she was tense,