chapter 13

The earl was busy in his study when his footman came rushing into his room almost knocking the wall with the door, something that never occurred in his life making Nicholas stop reading the file midair. Wilford his footman had a hard time breathing, ''Spit it out!'' The earl stood up feeling distressed.. Rose what has she done that could leave his footman in utter shock, ''She—she took out Starlight''

Nicholas had never felt a sudden panic in his life ever before, he did not even bother taking his coat or anything as he strided out of his study, ''That maddening woman! Bring blaze!'' The earl almost yelled as he strode out from the house.

She possible Is the most foolish, absurd, reckless and infuriating woman in history! What went through her mind to take starlight that is not close to a tamed horse, for bloody sake he is a stallion! Nicholas was going out of his mind wanting to just find her and strangle her.

A sudden nauseous feeling overtook him thinking the worst—no. He ought to find her and let her never leave his sight ever!

It felt like years as the earl took blaze and immediately jumped onto the saddle, ''Quick Blaze! We need her alive'' was the last thing Nicholas muttered before the horse galloped in full speed, every second was like torture of imagining what could happen, Starlight has mood swings that cant be controlled. Even Nicholas the earl who had Starlight since years have not succeeded to tame the beast. He should've never have starlight here.

And as for Rose may god have mercy on the little minx when he finds her.

Wilford was not very far behind the earl as he came to the fields watching where Starlight should've been. ''That bloody woman went through the forest!'' Nicholas hissed as he tapped the foot of his heels on blaze making the horse run faster.

They dashed through the forest and when Nicholas saw Starlight munching on a bush he almost breathed out of relief but he could not see a sight of Rose. The earl never was unaccoustomed to feeling like this ... Completely loss and out of power. Because for the first time in his life he didn't have the control, not for one bit.

''Rose! Rose! For heavens sake rose'' He immediately jumped of Blaze when he caught the sight of a body behind a stock, his heart completely stopped seeing her in this state.

Wilford came to halt as well, ''Bring the doctors! And a carriage!'' The earl chocked out kneeling besides her and picking up her lifeless body, he flinched seeing blood dripping from her hair. All his raging anger that he felt before vanished with prayers, prayers that she will live.

''Rose.. rose'' he tried gaining her awareness but she was not moving an eye.

She shall not die before his wrath.

The earl did not waste any time and tore his white dress shirt and wrapped it tightly around her head trying to stop the bleeding, ''What are you doing to me'' Nicholas whispered cradling her body to his embrace, he held her trying to soothe the coldness from her.

He doesn't know this woman he barely knows anything about her yet she ignited this whole new feeling from him that he never ever felt. She shouldn't mean this much... The earl only felt protective towards his family but watching this woman she made him want to lock her in his sight and never leave her.

''My lord'' The local doctors finally came taking in sight, ''This is?—'' The doctor asked before inspecting the lady, ''My wife,'' Nicholas told quickly as he laid her on the board that the doctor brought.

Nicholas stood up watching the doctor do his job as he rubbed his hands through his face in frustration.

The doctor looked up with a light smile, ''You ought to not worry, your wife is breathing I believe we could've been late if it weren't for you finding her in time''

The earl felt relievement hearing that, he strided towards her body, ''Give her this and she needs to rest for a long time, her ribs might be broken it seems like she feel from a great height, her ankle is swollen... I believe she also has concussion of the brain'' the doctor continued as Nicholas picked up her body and walked towards the carriage that Wilford brought.

He smoothed the hair out of her face feeling a knot in his chest at the state she's in, he didn't even want to think what could've happen if he didn't find her.

''I shall keep track on every step you take'' Nicholas vowed as he held her close to his embrace into the carriage.