chapter 21

Rose and Bertram after days of travelling from city to city they finally came to their destination and Celeste did not kid when she wrote she found the perfect place.

Because Hampshire was meant to get lost and never be found into the countryside, it was perfect and quiet and just.. freedom.

''My dear!'' Amelia Crushed her with a hug as the door opened making Rose stumble back in surprise, ''I have missed you as well'' Rose muttered breathlessly

Bertram helped with the luggage's as she entered the huge villa, she sometimes wondered how Celeste could be able to get everything, for heavens sake it took years for her to get her own horse, ''Where is the others?'' Rose asked in confusion not being able to find Mabel, Felicity and Celeste.

''Oh, Mabel has not arrived and Felicity and Celeste has gone to fetch things from the city''

Rose nodded hearing that even though she was very worried of Mabel she did not want to frighten Amelia, she after all was the youngest, ''Lets make something before they come''

They walked over to the kitchen and decided to bake apple pie, delicious and very much needed in this may weather, ''You are glowing my dear'' Amelia suddenly said making Rose stop with cutting the apples, ''Glowing?''

She felt anything but glowing, he felt like being stuffed and yet numb to it all, weirdly she didn't even feel happy watching the beautiful view, ''Yes,''

Oh if Amelia thought that then Rose would have no difficulties hiding the truth, ''If you say so'' She muttered while continuing cutting the apples, ''Dear are your ankle okay?''

''Yeah they have healed Nich---'' she stopped herself and the smile feel, ''You were saying what?'' Amelia asked and thankfully she was by the other corner of the kitchen desk.

Rose cleared her throat feeling sick, just the thought of him placed a discomfort in her chest ''I was saying they have healed my dear''

As they continued shatting the door opened, ''AH!'' Felicity and Celeste ran when they caught sight of Rose.

''You are in no harm and in one piece'' Felicity muttered as Celeste inspected further more making Rose shake her head, ''I am indeed in one piece,''

''Why are you glowing?'' Felicity asked and Amelia jumped in, ''I just said that as well, something different right?''

Rose almost felt like they inspected her soul as well and she felt afraid they would read the fear in her eyes, ''You guys are crazy I am not glowing, It is may for heavens sake of course I get sun burned''

Celeste laughed, ''Dear you  never get sun burned, your skin is to fair''

She was right but Rose did not point it out and instead changed the topic, ''Who wants apple pie?''

They sat in circle just devouring the deliciousness, ''I could die like this... peace and freedom,'' Felicity moaned leaning back.

''Me to,''

Then Celeste looked at Rose, ''Why did it take so long time for you? Did they lock you?''

Oh god. How could she start and be honest for once in her life? She could not let them get the wrong picture of Nicholas, they might start at the wrong feet but he turned out far different, ''No, no one locked me, I was not in a cage,'' Rose held herself to their questions and not further.

''So your telling me that you could've leave those 2 days but you left on the last?''

That was like a blow of air that Rose did not expect, ''I—Yes but I had errands''

''If that's the case... But right now we have another problem , where the hell is Mabel'' Felicity changed the subject and Celeste frowned, ''I sent her a letter four days ago, if she did not receive it that means she's not in her home''

That could mean a deeper trouble as they all looked at each other they knew what was needed to be done, ''She might be stuck in the road, we travel two and two at dawn when the stallions are ready, it can take more time'' Celeste announced.

And yet again the unbreakable bond of the ladies in Stonehenge was in a mission to find their dear friend Lady Mabel.

And that was Roses number one priority.