Driving

Harry's pov

Luna- 18
Garett- 16
James- 15
Nova- 11

Walking into the kitchen I don't make it a foot in the room before I have to holt myself, almost running into Luna. she has a wicked smile on her face and I'm partially scared.

"Yes?"

"I have a question."

"Okay ask." I chuckle placing my hands on her shoulders and moving her out of the way. Walking over to the cabinets I take out a mug as she follows my path.

"Can you take me driving?" she hopefully asks and I turn my head towards her as I fill up my glass with coffee. "I was going to ask mom but she seems like the type of person whos overly protective and yells that there's a stop sign hundred miles away.'' She takes a deep breath, speaking way too fast and I only laugh. Who violet? The girl who loves street racing.

"Of course Ill teach you."

She perks up. "Thank you!"

"Yeah no problem, kid."

She begins to run the other direction, sprinting up the steps. "I gotta pick an outfit!" watching her, my eyebrows scrunch before I just shake my head, turning my eyes to watch Nova whos eating a waffle and drenching it in syrup.

"You got enough there?"

"Nope." she places her tongue in between her lips in concentration. Placing the syrup down she grabs her fork and knife digging in. "Can I come?" she asks with food in her mouth and I go pull up a chair beside her.

"Come where?"

"Driving."

"I don't see why not." I chuckle and she gives me a wide smile with her cheeks full. "Hey, have you seen mum?"

"Her Camie, Ellie and Auntie Abby went shopping for things." she then leans forward in a giggle. "So were all alone. Wanna go buy a camel?"

My eyes widen, "why would you want a camel?" I'll buy her one if she wants though.

"It looks fun!" she defends before taking another bite of her waffle, "or you can buy me a knife. Mom doesnt have to know-"

"No knife." I grunt. She has a thing with playing with knives. She takes them in the backyard and aims it at targets. She once tried to keep one under her pillow but we put an end to that. "You need to find a new hobby."

"Well what am I supposed to do! I already found all of the hiding places and secret passages-" she shuts her mouth and looking away with wide eyes.

"What passages-"

"Do you want a piece of my waffle," offering me her fork she presses it to my lips and I have no other response but taking a bite.

"Nova Jane, what do you know?"

"Nothing." she shakes her head, "I swear."

"Is this why you know so much-" she launches herself against me. Wrapping her hands around my arms in a hug as she tries to distract me. I only hum a, "uh huh." before chuckling and wrapping my arms around her. Lifting her up she begins to laugh and her laughing turns into screams as I tickle her. With the cutest smile she tries to get out of my hold but I only walk away and throw her on the couch.

"Dad, stop!" she laughs loudly, landing on the cushions and in a heap of blankets. She giggles and throws her hands up, "actually I lie, do it again." smiling I slide her down with my hand on her ankle and lift her her upside down.

These kids are little bugs.

As she giggles cutely I hold her up weightlessly as I walk up the stairs. After she lets out a loud laugh its like she deflates with an exhale until she's just swinging below with her hair dangling. Instead I swing her back up, throwing her into the air before hauling her back in my arms.