Alternate Ending

My original ending for the story

I sobbed my heart out while I wrote this. 

Leaving the burning building I try to call Violet but no call goes through. "Pick up baby, pick up" I ring her hundreds of times and each voicemail of her sweet voice fills me with so much anxiety. She has to be okay. "Fuck!" I curse slamming my hands on the wheel as I go faster.

Changing the number to Liams I call it seven times and nothing. My fists clench, tightening around the wheel before slamming it again. Hitting it as hard as I can, my rings cut blades into the leather.

Stepping on the gas, breaking every law known to man I make it on the tarmac. Skidding down the road I see three people in the distance and I suddenly slam on the breaks, screeching to a stop.

My eyes widen and I lose my breath from the sight of a man holding Violet to his chest with a gun to her head.

Shes crying, pleading for him to let go of her when he only presses the barrel deeper. Too stunned to move I look over to the car where the reality of this situation comes into play. The car is crashed, flipped upside down where I see a bloody hand outside of the drivers door.

Liam.

His head is on the concrete, blood spills from around him and the men in the car goes breathless. Hes either dead or injured.

But I don't care about him, it's Violet. She's the only one I care about.

When my body starts to work again I slowly climb out of the car with my gun out in front of me. The boys mutter something under their breath for me to think smart and not rational but I can't hear anything they're saying. She's going to die if I dont get her out safe.

Violet only continues to cry as blood drips down from her forehead. When she finally looks at me she gasps, shaking her head, "h-he came out of nowhere. I tried to wake him up but h-hes-" she shuts her eyes not being able to finish the sentence. Looking down there's blood on her hands. He's dead.

"I'm here. It's okay." Is all I say. "You're going to be okay-"

She screams when she's pulled tighter into his chest and I raise my gun at the man's head. "Stop touching me," she begs, "please stop touching me." she cries, "you killed him. Why did you kill him?" squealing, the man hunches over with the gun bruising her head and she only cries louder as my teeth clench.

"Get your fucking hands off of her." I spit out, "don't you touch her." I feel the boys on either side of me with their guns but I dont see them. Its just her. Her life has been continuous trauma and this only adds to it. I have to save her once and for all. I have to make it stop. "Let her go or we're going to have a problem."

"You move and I shoot. The job is to kill her. Even if I let her go you'll kill me so I may as well get money for my family to eat." he states and Violet only starts to panic, gripping his hand around her waist tightly, trying to push him away. "Fucking god stay still." he bends to pick her up and her feet kick in the air as she screams for him to stop.

"Stop! Stop it please!" but he doesn't stop and I clutch the gun tighter. Tears fall down her cheeks as he adjusts her. Her eyes look so scared. Frightened that she's in this position once again.

"Violet," I whisper but she continues to fidget. I know she hears me but she keeps panicking. "Violet baby, look at me." her eyes find mine as she cries. Shaking her head as her entire body shakes. She keeps pushing him away but her eyes are on me. "I need you to stay still." her eyes are dilated in so much hurt, "just calm down for me. You're going to be okay."