Thunderstorms

Harry's pov

Luna- 2

The sound of thunder wakes me up. My eyes snap open and I quickly look to my right but the beds empty. "Violet?" I whisper in slight panic but when another sound of thunder booms and the blinding flash of lightning sparks as the rain pours down against the window I shoot to stand in panic. The echo of a cry rings through the house only worrying me.

We're free. They think we're dead. I remind myself over and over. The fear we forget to clean our traces still rests in my mind.

Ripping the sheets off my body at the same time the door swings open as Violet holds a sobbing Luna in her arms. Violet's lips are pressed to her cheek as her chest is resting on hers. Luna holds onto her as she cries in complete panic. Violet's eyes are scared and completely panicked but she's not worried for herself. She seems frightened like someone's going to walk in here and take Luna away.

"Hey, it's okay," Violet whispers as she rubs her back. "I got you, no need to worry." This is the third thunderstorm and they both always react the same. Violets up and getting Luna before the thunder even cracks, it's like she can feel it from a mile away.

Luna continues to cry and it breaks my heart. With another crack of thunder she screams and Violet continues to kiss her cheek, "it's just thunder. Some scary loud noises. No one's going to hurt you." rubbing her strawberry onesie her eyes look up to mine in sadness.

"Hey come here," I say but she's already on her way. I take a seat on the bed and Violet follows quickly. wearing a black shirt and a pair of shorts, she moves up the bed until she's sitting against the headboard. Luna hugs Violet, never intending on letting go. Her face is red in fear, cheek pressed to her chest as the tears pour from her face.

I bend down rubbing my thumb down her cheek. "Hey, it's okay. Just some scary noises huh?" I wipe under her nose as she clings to Violet's shirt. The screams don't phase us and my heart hurts that she's so scared. "Almost over, don't worry."

Violet brushes her head and soon her sobs are turning into light cries, eyes wide in fear as she holds onto her shirt in fear of letting go. I go to wipe her cheeks but she stands and faces Violet who wipes away her tears. My hand falls to her back rubbing softly.

"See you're okay." Violet smiles, "look at you big girl."

Luna continues to cry but it's silent as her head wavers throughout the room looking for the windows. But just then another boom of thunder cracks and Luna jumps, sobbing once again and falling into Violets chest as she holds her.

Violet holds her back and kneels up to fix their position, sitting back down with her hand cradling her head. Leaning down trying to shield the noises away Violet's head rests on my shoulder as she uses me as another shield.

My hand finds Luna's cheek as I continue to trace them. "You're okay," I whisper and take a hold of her little hand. As Violet holds her securely I bring my hands down to take her, "let me see her," but Violet sits up and keeps her close.

"Hey, I just wanna see her." I hold out my hands but she shakes her head. I bite my cheek knowing how much they're both scared right now but for different reasons. "He's not coming, Violet. No one's going to hurt her." I speak and she nods.

"She's scared of the noises, Harry," she whispers, rubbing her back as she starts to come down with the absence of noise. I can hear Luna catching her breath and coughing as Violet kisses her cheek. "I know it's loud. I'm sorry."

Violet turns Luna to face me as a compromise. Her back to her chest as she holds her from behind. Locking eyes on me I smile and wipe her cheeks. "Brave girl. You're so strong, princess." she sniffs and lets in a hurt breath as her lip quivers. "Thunders scary, I know. I wish I could take it away."