A house divided, then multiplied

Screen slowly fades out to a view of Grif and Thea running down towards Lopez.

Grif: Hey, where's Sarge?

Lopez 2.0: ¿Por qué me estás preguntando? Usted no habla español.[Why are you asking me? You don't speak Spanish.]

Thea: Please tell me he wasn't sunbathing with his shotgun again?

Lopez 2.0: Si.

Thea: Great.

Cut to a view of Sarge heading towards the three.

Sarge: Private Thea, I see you've returned unscathed that's acceptable. Private Grif. And I see you've returned from your reconnaissance mission unscathed. That's disappointing. Unacceptable.

Lopez 2.0 looks at Grif.

Lopez 2.0: Vaya...¿Qué tiene este tipo contra ti?[Man... What is this guy's beef with you?]

Thea: We don't know.

Sarge: So, what information have you recovered?

Grif: Uh, that the Blues aren't up to anything and that you're a paranoid old man bordering on senility.

Thea: I've said it for years.

Sarge: Uh huh. I'll take that into consideration Private. But how about we hear from our other more competent soldier? ...Simmons?

Grif: He's with the Blues.

Sarge: With- the Blues?

Grif: Yeah. He seemed really eager to stay at their base for some reason.

Thea: What he means is that he needs some space from our base. It's understandable.

Sarge: Huhh. Well, I suppose it was only a matter of time.

Grif: A matter of time?

Thea: What do you mean?

Sarge: Yep. I knew this day would come.

Grif: Really? You knew Simmons would eventually wanna leave the Red Team?

Thea: It happened before.

Sarge: Leave Red Team? Grif, are you even paying attention?

Grif: I mean, not really, I just th- I'd-

Sarge: First they build a giant robot. Then they capture my third second in command. It's just as I had predicted! The enemy has finally shown its true colours! And that colour is pound zero zero zero zero eff eff!

Grif: What?

Thea: Huh?

Sarge: Blue! Blue! It's Red vs. Blue all over again!

Grif: No, Sarge, they didn't capture him-

Sarge: Can you believe it? Posing as our allies only to stab us in the back years after our conflict, had seemingly ended! They've pulled off the most elaborate ruse in the history of simulated military combat.

Grif: I don't-

Thea: calm down-

Sarge: I mean really! How far back did they start planning this thing?

Grif: You're not listening!

Thea: Just listen-

Sarge: Like, did they know about all the Freelancers from the beginning?

Grif: Sarge.

Sarge: And what about Church? For years they told us he was a ghost, but then he was an ancient artifact or something and there were aliens involved I don't know. Sometimes I wonder just how deep this rabbit hole goes.