0.2

Today Tes woke up with the demons in her head more quiet than usual. The weather was a little shitty but the sun was there, hiding behind the clouds but it was there. The walk from her house to the clinic was long but gave her time to clear her mind and put everything in perspective. When she was in front of the doors of the clinic a lump formed in her throat, all the things she went through, all the suffering and it was still not the end. She had a lot to overcome and to defeat in order to be the same Tes that she was a long time ago, to be the type of person that she herself was proud of.

She enters the clinic with her hands deep in her pockets and her music blasting her headphones. Her eyes fixed in her feets counting every step she made, it was a happy day and a sad one too. Tes was so deep in her own world that didn't see the person who was walking to her and the person didn't see her either until it was too late.

The hot liquid ruined her hoodie followed by the sensation of her head bumping something. The force of the impact didn't throw her to the floor but made her take three steps back. The floor was stained with coffee, the other person's phone and her headphones hanging from the pocket of the hoodie.

-Sorry.- Both of them said at the same time. He already had his phone in his hands and she was looking at her clothes.

-I wasn't looking where I was going, sorry for your coffee.- Tes said with an apologetic smile.

-I wasn't looking either, sorry for your hoodie.- He said pointing at the huge stain in her clothes.

-It okay. Let me buy you a coffee.- Tes said and he looked at her with his brow raised.

-I think that you need my name first in order to invite me for a coffee.- It was Tes's turn to raise her eyebrow.

-Don't flatter yourself. It's a coffee, not a marriage proposal. But as you wish.- She said and made her way to the cafeteria.

-It's Daniel by the way.- He told her and took three large steps to be closer to her.

-Well Daniel, the cafeteria it's this way.- His phone rings again and he answers it.

Tes looked at him from the corner of her eye. He was tall, olive tan skin, curly hair in a kinda buzz cut, his beard in shape and his Adam's apple moving while he was talking. The moment they stepped in the cafeteria he hung up.

-Sorry about that.- He said but she moves her shoulders casually and keeps walking but this time she was behind him like she was hiding from something and that confused him. Indeed Tes was hiding.

-TES WHITE ROSE COME HERE IN THIS INSTANT.- Some lady shouted from behind the cafeteria bar and Daniel listened as the girl behind him cursed. She walks there with him hot on her toes.

-My withe rose I'm so proud of you.- The old lady hugged her and Daniel can see how her eyes became glossy from tears.

-Thanks Hope, I appreciate it.- The hug finished but the old lady smiled at her and caressed her cheek.

-The guys and I have a little something for you.- Three people came to hug her as well and Daniel didn't understand a thing. One of them had a little cake with a candle in the form of a one on top of it and all of them were smiling.

-It wasn't necessary guys, really.- Tes was about to cry and she had to bite the inside of her cheek to prevent it. -Thanks for everything, all of you are very special to me.- She blows the little candle and hugs all of them again.

All of them seem to knowledge Daniel's presence and the old lady, Hope, smiles at her. -My little white rose, who is this fine young man?

Tes turned and looked at Daniel, who had his characteristic huge grin on his face and he was waving. -I actually don't know. We ran into each other and he spilled his coffee on me so I offered to buy him a new one.

-I'm Daniel. Hi.- He shakes the hands of everyone and smiles. Hope was looking at Tes while Tes studie every move that Daniel did. The kind old lady asks him his order and then they go to sit down.

Daniel looked at her. Long hair bleached with braids, defined jaw, freckles in her little nose, plump lips and brown eyes. She had a scar barely visible in her forehead that blended with the hair. Her hand had tattoos and long nails, her face was serious and she was small.

-Stop looking at me, It's creepy.- Her voice breaks him from his intense looks and Daniel just chuckles.

-So Tes White Rose, what are you celebrating?- He drank his coffee and it was so good. Don't ask him why but Daniel had the intrigue to know why that girl was so emotional about that cake and why the sweet all lady was proud of her.

-Just Tes for you.- He raises his eyebrows. -And what do you think I'm celebrating?- She took her hoodie off and then put her jacket back on.

-Mmm....your birthday?

-Yeah, I'm the living proof that the curious case of Benjamin Button is real.- She smiled and drank her coffee making Daniel laugh.

-Wow that's fascinating, just Tes for me.- Its was Tes turn to laugh but she just shake her head and smile. She checks her phone and stood up.

-I got to go. I don't know why you are here but I hope that everythings goes well. Bye.- She said while she was walking away and didn't let him say a word.

Daniel stays there sitting in the cafeteria watching her go, her figure disappearing in a corner. The screen of his phone shined bright, alerting him that he had a message. When he stood up to go Daniel saw her hoodie on the floor next to her chair. He picked it up and looked at it.

He had various options, such as give it to the sweet lady Hope and she would give it to her, take the hoodie and leave it in the front desk of the clinic and hoped that she would go to claim ir or take it with him, wash it, put his cutest face and ask Hope if she knew when Tes was coming back and he would come back too with the only excuse to gave her hoodie back and maybe maybe get to know her.