~arrows & daggers~

"I don't like games." I watched her hand twisting the dagger.
"A duel then." She drew her blade.
"Uhm I'm unarmed now." I stopped myself when I reached for the empty space at my back where my arrows and bow normally rest.
"Tomorrow at the courtyard of the fallen woods." She leaned against the doorframe.
"Tomorrow? I have poison work tomorrow."
"Just skip it for once."
"I can't just..." I hissed in pain as she jammed the tip of her dagger in my wrist.
"Tomorrow." She insisted again.
"Was that really necessary?!" I hissed tapping my sleeve on the blood.
"I want you to remember our little date tomorrow."
"It's not a 'date' shadow."
"Our dual then... See you tomorrow, be at the fountain at dawn." She nodded at my wrist. Walking away from the hall flipping her dagger in the air simply catching it again.
I watched her walk away her chestnut hair catching in the sunlight. Her coffee brown eyes glanced once again at me.
~~~~~~~~~

"I'm home." My hands were still shaking as I turned the lock. The little hall was pitch black. Hushed voices claimed the room.
"Shawn!" Aaliyah hugged me tightly, pressing her face in my uniform. "Hey, liyah." I rested my head on her head. Trying not to think about tomorrow.