~fallouts & complications~

"I hate this..."
"Stop."
"We're here in this cursed courtyard forest... On a back of a stupid horse..." He rambled on.
"Hey don't call Apollo stupid."
"I can call it whatever I want." She poured her elbow into my stomach. Leaving a blooded print on the fabric of my shirt.
"Calm down your still bleeding." I pressed my forearm against her sides preventing her from falling.
"Nothing I haven't done before." She scoffed fumbling with the manes of apollo.
"Where are we even going?".
"To my house, my mother can help you."
"Pysche? Goddess of souls."
"Yes..."
"Kinda sounds like a goddess from the dark order."
"Kinda misplaced her name couldn't the moon court call her goddess of beauty?" I slowed Apollo down to a slow para. Starting towards the practice path.
"Because not everything can sound pretty."
"Why?" I watched the targets flash by, my old arrows spied on the wooden board.
"You don't understand." She noted apollo's manes into a braid.
"Then make me understand." I slowed Apollo to a halt when we reached his stable.
"You're a light order." She snapped.
I slide off his back helping shadow leap off too.
"Be careful." I touched her back and caught her right before she fell.
"I'm fine."
"Is your bleeding okay?"
"Let's see, I'm bleeding out of my ribcage I was stabbed to the ground and it feels like I can tumble over every second... Maybe I'm not fine!"
"My mother can take it all away."
"Light order magic is cursed I don't need your help."
"Who said that?"
"I have my sources." She clung to her shirt blood seeping through the fabric. Hissing in pain. Her face paled, draining all the colours. I stepped closer as she started to sway on her feet.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." She leaned against apollo's shoulder for support.
"You don't look fine."
"I'm fine I don't need you to help me..." At that moment she collapses to the ground.
Ancestors curse me!
Apollo ducked his head to the fallen girl nudging her shoulder with his nose.
The blade of her dagger was poking against her tight, it almost looked painful enough for me to feel it in my heart.
Apollo spits his ears at me.
"Don't look at me like that." I patted his shoulder, moving my gaze back to shadow.
I sight coughing down, removing the dagger from her waistband. Strapping it to the colon on my back.
Her body fell limp against my chest as I lifted her in my arms.
This feels okay... Feels nice
The door swung open as Aaliyah leaned against the doorframe.
"Picked up some girl in the woods?"
"Just bring Apollo to his stable."
"Well done tho, though she's pretty."
"Shut up." I pushed through her. The warmth of our home welcomed me back, the smell of roses and and burned bread.
"Mother," I yelled, growing more nervous as shadow was still bleeding in my arms plus she started to get heavy.
"Yes, dear? Did you give a good prac..." Mother stopped midsentence as she walked to the door.
"Oh..."
"Can you help her?" I shifted my weight from one foot to the other. Shadow's weight started to numb my arms.
"What have I told you about pulling girl from the woods?"
"I know her... I met up with her..."
"Is she your friend?"
"No she's not my friend she's..."
"Just like your father." Mother muttered under her breath.
"Please just help her."
"Of course my dear." She started to clear the table of books, medicine bottles and herbs.
I lay shadow's body down on the table. Stepping as far away from her as possible crossing my arms over my chest.
"Oh, magnificent really... Who is she?"
"Daughter of hate."
"Dark order..."
Oh no!
Mother removed the fabric of shadow's corset, revealing her ink-covered collarbone. Terms of blackness swarmed around the little dagger. The tattoo was tiny it almost disappeared into the dale of her bone.
Dark orders get cursed by a tattoo burned to their skin. A completely different fate from light order moon children who just get a drawing of golden light on their skin.
"Mother please don't."
"I thought you hated the girl." Mother's fingers lingered on the skin of the shadow's collarbone.
"I do but fading her tattoo means the same as erasing our drawings... It takes away who we are... Who she is."
"The dark order never belongs my dear." She was about to wave her fingers over shadows' skin.
"Wait... Mother please." Grabbed her wrist pulling her hand away from shadow.
"What are you doing is she?.." Aaliyah came back inside, she fell still as she saw the tattoo on shadow's skin, mother's hand in its reach.
"Please no" Aaliyah started to shake her head voice cracking as tears welled up in her eyes, her fingertips lingering on her scarless lips.