~blades & blood~

"Come here." She became me towards her. "I don't like games." My feet stayed rooted to the hard soil under us. Apollo stopped rolling through the sand now laying cocooned cosy, watching us with spiced pears.
"Okay, I'll start then." A wicked smile formed on her lips. The slicing bite of the blade cut through the skin in my arm. Adrenaline sang in the stream of my blood. I launched out aiming for her leg, but my movement was too slow she already blocked my blade. Striking at my wrist, knocking the sword out of my hand. Forcing me to move towards the fountain. "It's always the same with light orders, you never learned how to fight." Her face hovered above my vision. An ugly scar crossed her jaw, leaving bundled skin on her cheek.
"I know how to fight." My voice formed like a creak. "Show me then, if you dare." She pulled away from me flipping the dagger in her hand.
I pushed myself up again scrambling for the sword at my feet. Launching put aiming for her shoulder blade when she turned her back to me. Before the sword hit her. She sliced some skin off my arm. It started to ach, and the white of my bones showed through my thick blood.
"Ouch!"
"Not that good of a fighter are you?"
"W...hat what... Was that for?"
"Defence."
"Yes, call it a defence that was... That... You skimmed my arm."
"Oh sorry do you want a bandaid for that, shall I look if I have some lollipops stocked in my cloak?"
"Don't be like that" I scoffed turning my head from her.
"What I thought that's how the light order threads each other."
"Not that way... You're mocking us."
"You guys always mock us... Do you know how it feels to be shouted after?"
"No one shouts at you their scared, you're the daughter of hate."
Silent fell between us like a stone dropping in the fountain behind us.
"Back in school." Her voice was a waver of furry and sadness. "No one wanted to be my friend."
"You had Angel and Eve."
"They are the son and daughters of mothers friends... Just that."
$There were others from the dark order."
She sunk down on the edge of the fountain her cloak slowly soaking in the water. I smiled sitting next to her taking her cloak from the surface.
"The sword practice... When I dragged you with me."
"What about it?"
"I had no one if I didn't take you by force."
"Maybe you were better than the others?" I smiled at her reddish-chestnut hair, which caught some autumn leaves. Her eyes shimmered in the low sun.
Or maybe you were too intimidating...

~~~~~~~~

When something shifted in the distance and Apollo started to stomp around nervously. Shadow was on her feet instantly. Dagger in hands reading to be thrown.
The sound came from my side too I took the sword from the ground ready to fight whatever is there.
"Be ready to bleed some more, love boy." The vibration of her voice moved through my spine, backs pressed against each other, hearts beating like one.
The screams interrupted from the silent courtyard forest. I know the treading feeling.
theótites!
Apollo galloped away into the forest.
Shadow cursed under her breath, her body shaking against me.
I tried the sword a little tighter.
"Come out... No need to play games." Shadow's voice flattered.
A spear shot through the air. Hitting next to our feet.
"Yeah come out... You don't wanna do this... I've never liked games." I tried to steady my voice yet it flattered. Thunder interrupted in the sky turning it into black clouds.
"Theótites!" Shadow growled as she launched her dagger into the air. Leaving a blood print as her hand touched my arm when retrieving.
A crowd of hunters surrounded us. I felt shadow lanched back as a spare stabbed her.
She sunk into the ground blood speaking into the soil.
"Shadow!?"