~memories & charms~

I stared at the lyre charm hanging on my necklace which dangled on my bedside table lamp.

Tomorrow at dawn.

An unsettling twirl knotted to my stomach. I turned around facing the wall starting at the ivy growing in the corner of the ceiling.
The shadows played on the walls. It seemed like the ghost of shadows had a nightmare, storms and dead raised to the wall reaching my mirror. A chill ran down my spine. I pulled the blankets over myself and tried to sleep.

As dawn threatened to hit I haven't closed my eyes one-second tossing and turning to find every possible way to sleep. Yet her voice kept roaring my mind. Haunting every nerve in my body to stay hyper-focused the cold blade of her dagger still stinging upon my neck.
I gazed at the spot she cut me, a dull pain shut my nerves I clung to the arrow charm still clipped to the chain around my neck. The power of my father. "ti dýnami you vélous" I muttered holding it against the light of the bleeding dawn.

Power of the arrow... Protection against the court.

The ivy curled up and its Hyacinthus bloomed as Apollo kneeled for the spartan price. As the sunlight bleeds through the window.

Tomorrow at dawn!

"Curse all the ancestors," I muttered untangling myself from the blankets. Finding fathers old uniform in my closet.
The heavy black uniform with silver armour fitted me like a second skin somehow.

Did he tailor it for me?

I shook the thought off my mind spiking on which carm I need for this. It was daunting to grab the rose quartz and run to the stables. But the lyre charm shadow gave me on that life-threatening day, was the reason my fingers locked around the harpe shaped charm. Unclaping the arrow from my necklace. Replacing it with the lyre, locking the arrow away in the small car cabin under my desk.
I grabbed my handmade arow from the wall together with the case of arrows.
~~~~~~~~

Atlas was already awake hoof patting around his paddock.
"Hey, atlas." I ran my temping hands through his dark manes. The appaloosa was from my father he said I could get my own horse if I'm ready for hunting. He didn't know I'd been sneaking out with Atlas to practice every week. Father doesn't ride anyway.
I placed the headpiece and rein on his head. Resting the side on his back.
I lead him towards the edge of our home state, got on his back. as we ride the sun rose above the trees.
~~~~~~~

She leaned against the crooked tree, the golden light of the sun hitting upon her hair, like Apollo kissed every stain and his magic worked.
She set herself off with her feet when my get hit the ground again.
"You're late." She traced her fingers over the blade of her dagger.
"You're early." I ungarmented Atlas from his armour let him run free to drink from the river. I smiled at the horse happily tapping his hoves into the soil.
As I turned back her gaze lingered on my neck, at the spot where she cut me yesterday. Yet her lyre charm reflected in her pupils.
She shook her head tossing me the sword at her hip. Drawing her little silver dagger herself.
"Let's fight." Her eyes blazed with something eager.
Yet the burning feeling of her eyes lingered on my neck.