~Realms & Strange Things~

By the time we walked across the lines of the two worlds. Nothing changed. No shifting of feelings no other place to be led to.
"It doesn't work are we sure this is the portal." lieve paced back through the other side of the moon gate disappearing.
Aaliyah squeezed my hand in amazement.
A mixture of brian's mumblings and Aire's gasp gloomed over the air.
"Definitely the portal." shadow pealed the city from under her nails.
"No this is bad, shadow... BAD." Angel seemed stressed pacing back and forth.
"Calm down he'll come back."
He? Lieve is a he?! Is his name still lieve?
Lieve appeared again. Still shuffled himself.  "see it's not working... We need another way to get out of here, I can..."
He was cut off by angel hugging him tightly.  "oh eídos you're back you are..." angel stopped himself nodding contently against his friend's hair.
Eídos... Transgender, lieve no eídos is a he.
"See nothing is wrong." shadow leaned against a tree.
"Then this really is the human world." Aaliyah stared at the distance in 'aww'.
"It must be." aire smiled.
~~~~~~~

After walking around the unfamiliar city for a while the name Toronto fell from people's lips, being lettered on buildings and name boards.
"Hey guys amazing outfits are you going to comic con too." a group of girls with flower crowns asked.
"Uhm...." brian was searching for worlds.
"I wish he could but..." Aaliyah seemed unsure.
"We, just had a theater play we wish we could come I heard last year was amazing, the cast of shadow and bone were there right?"
"Yes, oh Freddy and Amita were so cute." the girl smiled.
"We have to go remember?" shadow hissed through her teeth.
I turned to shadow slowly loading the bow with an arrow, out of sigh from the human.
She reached for her dagger.
Brian related his hand to my shoulder. Shaking his head.
"Yes, we should go." I pulled the arrow back in the quiver.
"Bye." aire waved at the girl, following us to the orphanage.
"How did you know that?" Aaliyah asked.
"I paid attention in class." aire smiled.
~~~~~~~~~

All seven of us were, handed second hands clothes and locked up in a dark-framed room. Shadow was mumbering to herself craving something on the wooden floor with the blade of her dagger. Still touching the place where her pollster once was.
Angel was pacing through the room rambling to eídos who was picking the lock.
"I don't think it's gonna work." brian stared at the jacket in his lap, still alienated.
"What about I use your bones instead?" eídos snapped back.
"I don't think that physically possible,"  Aaliyah mumbled starting at shadows scars.
Aire had been silent all the time, staring at the window stained by raindrops.
the door opened, revealing a woman with a clipboard in her hands. "Aire daughter of spring, come with me you're getting collected."
Aire stood up glancing at brian shortly.
"Write to be okay." brian smiled sadly.
"I don't know your address." she rubbed her arm.
"Send it to the post house of Toronto."
She nodded hugging him shortly before disappearing. Into the room.
Silence arose again after the door shut.
The circle drew again taking brian away. We promised we'd see each other soon, yet the feeling of loss and sadness hit me.
It wasn't until Aaliyah and I were collected that I noticed the atmosphere in the room shift.
Abandon...
the dark order will never be adopted is what the gods said.
Aaliyah squeezed my hands, as a woman smiled at us, holding a little dog in her arms, another dog sitting at her feet impatiently tapping its feet on the floor.
Aaliyah's gaze met the dogs and she smiled.
"Hey Shawn." the blond and the woman smiled. "I'm Karen."
"Hey." I smiled, as I felt soft breathing on my ankle. A set nose pressed against my trousers.
The golden retriever, lifted his head for pets.
"Tarzan likes you already." Karen smiled.
"Tarzan is adorable." I kneeled down beside the dog ruffling through his fur.
"And this is oreo."
"Aww so cute." Aaliyah reached for oreo.
"Are they meeting the dogs?" a man with a kind smile, kissed Karen's forehead.
"Let's go home." Karen smiled waving us over.
home felt like a good place.
~~~~~~

The cracks in the ceiling seem unfamiliar. The shadows aren't the same. After hours of tossing and turning the sound of the city dulled me to sleep.
A voice glammed through my dream. "Kill her."