~Hunt & Skin~

Tarzan was happily jumping up and down yanking me towards the door. We stepped out into the dawn, sunlight seeping through the clouds, hovering over the streets of Toronto. Autumn leaves cover the staircase on our front door. The smell of after rain and soil filled the air. My jacket was still damped from the night before. after I locked the door, I crossed the street Tarzan happily trotted wiggling his tail to the few people passing, chasing a squirrel into a tree.
"Tarzan!" I smiled at how much energy he had this early in the morning.
We stopped at the bakery. The smell of coffee and freshly baked dough welcomed me in.
"Good morning Shawn." Connor greeted me with a kind smile, throwing Tarzan a dog biscuit.
"Morning, could I have a croissant and two chocolate chip muffins."
"Going to practice some arrows?" he nodded at the quiver and arrow on my back.
"Yes, you should come with me once."
"No, I don't wanna be your practice prey."
"I don't practice with prey, I don't hunt prey."
"You're a killer or something?" Connor's laughter clearly meant it was a joke.
'You always take something away when you shoot them, love always kills a little.' father's voice was cruel but true, a part of a person dies when the arrow hits their heart and vanishes
"Something like that." I smiled took my order and walked out.
~~~~~~~

Tarzan sat next to the fallen tree sniffing the bag of food.
"No Tarzan." I snapped, not looking away from my target. A string of the bow tightening, the arrow still, the adrenaline coursing through my veins, heart thundering against my ribs, breath forming clouds in the air.
Then I let go.
The arrow landed with a simple knock to the canvas of the target.
I reached for another arrow but the quiver is empty.
It's time... No, I'm not ready not ready for this.
Before I could pull up a plead to the ancestors to stop fate. Father appeared in front of me.
Tarzan saw it too barking viciously.
"Your fate finely called my son."
"Father please I need more time, I can't..."
"Fate knows exactly what you need." he took the golden quiver from his shoulder, and a million magic arrows filled it. "Take it."
My hand shivered as I took the leather of the quiver, it wasn't cold like my old one. It was warm, glowing.
"Father..." before I could blink he vanished.
~~~~~~~~

The smell of the sea is much different than the forest. It's salt, sharp, and open. The smell of fish and blood neared as a fisher's boat neared shore. I looked up from my dry consonant, which has been in my backpack for three day's. quiver still feeling weird against my shoulders.
"Shore nearing pull anker." a voice steered above the call of the sea.
The boat neared, blood and fish sharpening.
Then her... Chestnut hair gloomed with red. In the light of the undergoing sun. Still wearing her moon child cloak. Brown eyes stating ahead.
Hair like autumn, lips like first love and skin of gold.
When she set food on the sand heaving a crate of alive fish.
The first fish was killed with the turn of a hand, head sliced from it's body, to be cut open.
Blood covered her hands like it was water. The breaking of bones like an extension of her fingers. Skinning the fish. Her eyes catching mine as she drove the knife into the fishes body. She whipped the blood of her face. "Son of love, what are you doing here?" a sickening smile played on her lips.
"Nothing in particular, do you work here."
"Yes, it's the only thing the orphanage let me do."
"You still live there?"
"Dark order has always been neglected, my mother kept me in her costedy for my power." she snapped her fingers, making the fishes men have a sudden argument.
"You like that don't you?" I roled my eyes at the situation.
"I need your help." she pointed the blade of the knife at me. She smelled heavily like fish and dead.
"Why?"
"I need a posion."
"Love posion?"
"For angel an eídos."
"I though you hated love."
"I hate the idea of it."
"Okay... Well I need to get to the tea house for that I can make it work."
"Good, what's the bargain?"
"Bargian? I don't work with a bargain."
She nodded, watching me with cleaning brown eyes.
"Help!" a voice sputtered from the waves.
Before I could blink I was dragged on the ship. Waves rocking underneath my feet.