11 - I Wish I Knew What Happens Next

WELL ANYWAY.

QOTC:
FAV animal? I no pick one so
dogs (🥺) and sharks (😍)

Oka lesa go!

Midoriya's POV

Upon arriving at home, I was afraid that I would be late, but luckily for me, I got there just in time. I went into my room and was greeted by my mother's warm smile. We hugged, and I sat down on my bed. 

"How was your day?" She asked sweetly, to which I responded with a small shrug and a soft hum. "Forget?" She asked half jokingly. I just simply let out a small huff in thought. She noticed and quite her kidding. My mom sat down onto the bed next to me, turning to me with curiosity written all over her face. 

"Something the matter?" My mom quizzed. I simply shook my head and then let myself flop onto my bed. "Are you still upset about the sports festival?" She asked inquisitively. "What? Oh... I actually kinda forgot about that..." I responded, slightly growing more impatient with a certain someone, remembering the topic. 

"Well then, why aren't you as cheery as you usually are?" A great question. What am I really even thinking about? What feelings am I feeling? "Why do I have to wear that collar thing to school again?" I asked aloud. I don't exactly know why I asked.

My mom paused, looking at me with a knowing look. "Are you asking because it bothers you?" Although it used to be quite a problem, I believe I've grown a small tolerance. It's still got the same effects it had. "Eh... Not really..." I replied.

"I just forgot. All I remember is I can't take it off, and I wanna know why." I finished speaking out my thoughts, remembering how on my first day at UA, Todoroki was wondering why I wore it. I had forgotten before he asked though. That must be why I asked... Right? Then I guess I should try to remember till at least tomorrow, that way I can tell him.

My mom sighed, supposedly unsure about the topic in general. She seemed as though she didn't want to explain it herself, or maybe she had just told me already. She then proceeded to explain that it helps the hospital monitor my health.

Oh right! I'm totally still a sick 'crippled' kid... I sat up and listened to my mother explain how it works and all that. Then she went on to say, "If it does bother you, we could possibly get you into something more comfortable." 

"It's all good! You don't have to worry about that!" I told her cheerily, giving her my signature smile. She gave a warm smile back towards me and then we talked about other things.

Eventually, like every day, she had to leave. I lay on my bed, remembering our conversation from the conversation we just had to the conversation when I first got back here after school. Maybe I don't want to tell Todoroki why I wear this collar. Then I'd have to explain I've lived in a hospital all my life, and I don't really feel like doing that. 

I don't even know what I'm sick from. That would definitely be a question to come up if I told him. Or anyone as a matter of fact. I guess it's not that important that I remember why I have to keep it on then.

I let my thoughts run rogue, as I lay there alone. The sun set causing the warm glow to dissipate into a cool breeze from the window. The window... I sat up and looked toward the door. It was the same as it's always been but something was different.

It seemed a lot lonelier than it was before. It was lonely before, but now it's just even more so. I turned toward the small TV that sat on the table in front of my bed. I stared at the empty black screen. I could barely see my reflection in the distance.

It made the room seem even more people-less. The brightness fading into night. The window... I stood from my bed, made my way over to the window, stood in front of it, and stared aimlessly. From the deepened color of the grass and sidewalk, to the darker blues blending with the oranges and pinks and reds almost perfectly. The sun sat lowly just above the horizon. A deep orange surrounded by a bright yellow.

It's not good for your eyes to stare directly at the sun, but at dusk, it's more enticing, watching it fall slowly. The colors all very different yet still as said earlier, blending perfectly into one another. 

The mixture of colors reminded me of the people I've met. The pinks reminded me of Ashido Mina. Her skin and hair both resemble the color in the sky, she also gave off the same warm bubbly glow.

The deep blue reminded me of Iida. It was solid much like Iida was. The oranges reminded me of a certain explosive blonde. I shuddered slightly recalling the aggressive attitude he had, especially directed toward me.

Most of the mixtures and colors reminding me of the people of my class, none of which reminded me of a certain dual haired boy. A dual haired boy who, even after all the rebellion, he said he'd consider at least trying to use his left side.

I wonder what he could be thinking of. I wonder if he thinks about me like I think of him... NOT IN A WEIRD WAY OR ANYTHING JUST- Wait...Why am I reprimanding myself? These are my thoughts no one can even hear them... People can't read my mind unless it's their quirk or something. They can't read minds, especially not literally, as in, in a book. UNLESS THERE IS A MIND READER OUTSIDE THE WINDOW-- No. Why was I worried about a mind reader again?

I wonder what Todoroki's thinking about...

Tordfork's POV

(A/n: I needa stop I'M SORRY-) 

When I arrived at home, I grabbed a granola bar from the kitchen and then left to hide in my room. I ate my granola bar peering around my foreign yet comfortable room. There wasn't a lot to look at. I wonder what we'll be doing next week. Aizawa said we were going to try something new, but he didn't explain the details.

I tucked myself into bed, even though I wasn't at all tired. The sun began to set, and my room darkened. Eventually I was surrounded by moonlight, still wide awake. Why am I still up? I've still got school tomorrow. If I wake up late, my dad might get upset. 

I tried sleeping but my mind wandered. Wandered where? To Midoriya of course. Thoughts upon thoughts upon thoughts. Every thought a thought I half wish I could unthink, because first of all, why? and secondly, no. Yet at the same time, cute freckles.... NopE! New ThINk PLEasEE- 

I lie there letting my thoughts run like a track star, waiting for them to settle down. When they were finally set to just a few thoughts, I closed my eyes. They still felt open, and suddenly a new thought arose. 

A thought so gruesomely horrid, so disturbingly strange, So... So.. So, So So sosososososo... SO UNLIKE ME TO THINK OF.

Do I want to be friends with Midoriya????

CAW.

Whelp good night,

see you later.