13 - A Trick?

CA--
OKAY WAIT
OKAY LET ME EXPLAIN-
...
...
:"D

QOTC: What's your favorite
game? Mine is Stardew valley,
and Castle Crashers.

DFSGFXV VCHAPETER TIEM hNOW

Midoriya's POV

When I got back to the hospital, I got a notification from a group chat called 'Chaos Control'. I completely forgot I had all my friend's numbers. It was Uraraka who said something. She said, "Everyone who can hang out tomorrow, meet at the field by the school at 3:00 pm!"

Then all the responses being a form of 'okay' and 'alright'. To which I said something about the same as that. "Sound's good!" 

Maybe I should've said I couldn't hang out.

I was sitting alone at the field at 3:34 pm on a Sunday. 

Is this the surprise? Or maybe this is how you hang out? Am I supposed to be alone? Is this how it works? Am I doing this right?  Why is no one here? Maybe they didn't actually want to 'hang out' ... Maybe I got the place wrong? ... Maybe... Maybe this was a trick... and they ... went somewhere else to hang out? 

My shoulders sagged as I sat next to a small flower and pulled my knees to my chest, hugging them tightly. I just waited. It's all I really know how to do anyway. Just wait. I wanted to forget why I even came here and just do something else, but for whatever reason... I couldn't.

I sat there for another hour by myself. I don't know why I kept waiting after that. I knew at that point no one was going to show up. I should've known that after the first thirty minutes. 

Am I just being dumb? Why would they not show up? I checked several times, she said to meet here, so why aren't they here? It's not a trick. They wouldn't do that. They wouldn't. I know they wouldn't... But... What if they would... do that...?

I felt something wet fall onto my knees and that was when I knew I had started crying. I tried to rub it away but I just cried more. I tried to just stop thinking about it but I couldn't. It was stuck in my head. The one time I wish I could forget, I can't. 

"Is... Is everything okay? Why are you crying?" A soft voice asked me. I didn't want to see who it was. I didn't want to know who is seeing me cry like this. As a result I just further buried my face into my knees. 

The person rubbed my back gently. "You don't have to tell me right now, but I'm right here if you need someone to talk to." They said. I couldn't even respond, I just kept crying. What else was I supposed to do? I couldn't stop the tears, I didn't want this person to see me so upset.

We sat like that for a while and eventually I calmed down. "Do you want to talk now?" The person asked me. I turned my head to finally look at the kindhearted person who had comforted me, to my surprise I saw...

"T-t-t-TODOROKI!" I screeched as I jumped back. He seemed surprised at my reaction, yet at the same time confused. "W-Wh- I- E- W- I- J- Bu- I-" I tried to say something coherent, but the words just wouldn't form. He put a finger to my mouth. "You don't have to say anything, just try to calm down, Okay?" 

After he removed his finger from its hushing position, we sat there in a somewhat comfortable silence, not looking towards each other. I looked over to the dual haired boy and saw something I never expected to see. I never expected anyone to see really.

He smiled softly towards the ground. It was the smile of an angel, and I just stared at him. 

He noticed me and turned to me. "Do you want to talk now?" He asked gently. "A- No I j- Wai- No- I do- Don't- I do- No- Y- N- I-" He seemed confused. He sighed and turned back away. Maybe he's fed up with me...

I held my head low, staring at the ground. "Why were you crying?" He asked me. I didn't exactly want to answer that question just yet. "What are you doing here?" I asked him, avoiding the question.

He looked at me confusedly. 

Todoroki's POV

"Can you answer my question first, please?" 

"No." 

"Why not?" 

"..." 

I'd understand if he doesn't want to talk about it. Maybe if I answer his question he'll answer mine?

"I'm here because someone said to meet them here. Then I saw you crying and..."

I trailed off.

"Why were you staring at me earlier? Is it because of... Uhm.. My scar?" I asked hoping that it wasn't about my scar.

"Ah- Well... When I looked over at you... you- you were... Smiling... I-I wasn't trying to be weird or anything! I-I Just h-haven't seen you s-smile before!"

"Er- ... S-Sorry if I made you uncomfortable..."

He mumbled. 

"You didn't make me uncomfortable at all. It would make me feel better to know what got you so upset though." 

I replied, hoping he'll answer this time.

"..."

It was like that for a while but eventually, he spoke again, "Someone... A few people, wanted to meet here with me as well..." He started. 

"Well... It's stupid... I- ... Well they, didn't really... show up..." He finished looking at the ground solemnly. 

I placed my hand on his shoulder, "Well... No one showed up for me either so... Maybe you and I could... I don't know... uhm... 'Hang out'?" I asked. 

He looked at me with a twinkle in his eyes. As if I just asked if he wanted to fly. 

"I'm assuming that means yes?" He nodded his head vigorously. It's definitely a yes. 

Just as I was about to stand I get a message.

From my father. He sent a text saying he wants me to come home. It seems urgent. 

"I'm sorry Midoriya, I have to leave but..." I pulled a piece of paper out of the bag I brought and wrote my number on it. "Here, you can call or text me whenever you want to hang out." I said before walking away, waving goodbye to the short green boy. 

And GOOD NIGHT

Soggy. nu. bye.