Chapter 1 revamp

The screams of an alarm awoke a blanket burrito, buried amongst plushies, pillows, and blankets. Said blanket burrito groaned before unraveling to reveal none other than y/n, who slapped the alarm to shut it up. It was the day of the job interview, which was the only one that called back. This was Y/N's chance at finally getting a job that would pay more than customer service ever did.

With a half-decent attempt at semi-formal wear, they headed off to the titular establishment with a near-dead car. Freddy Fazbears Pizzeria, a place where children are taken when their parents are too drunk to give a shit. Y/N knows from personal experience how much of a wonderland it is to children who have no one else that cares, if they remember correctly the animatronics there moved around and interacted personally too! It's a rather nostalgic job offer if they can even get it with a half-finished bachelor's degree.

Inside was almost exactly as Y/N remembered it. Colorful, child-friendly, and slightly run down. Half-Assed attempts at hiding broken paint with flecks of multicolored paint, and animatronics, no longer wandering yet still as lively as ever. Even after 9 years the place still has a charm that Y/N remembers, even if it's different now. A twenty-something-year-old walked over a shaky smile on his face.

"Well howdy! I can only assume you're here for one of the open jobs since you don't have any kids with you.."

"That is correct... I'm here for the open mechanic job that the paper advertised. Is it still open?"

"Oh! Oh the mechanic job, yeah yeah.." the brunette rubbed the back of his neck, letting out a sigh. "Let me get my boss, he usually does the interviews."

So far so good! Y/N swayed slightly on their feet, waiting for the male to go get the 'big bad' boss of the establishment, but as they waited their attention went back to the robots on stage. The longer one looked the more smooth their motions were, almost human! Though they didn't look to be the best condition outwardly, someone was definitely caring for the old bots.

The male returned with an older man, bright unnatural red hair swept to the side, his green eyes landing on the only one in the dining room.

"Aha! You must be Y/N. The name is Scott, it's so nice to meet you in person, really it is!"

"Of course... So how's this interview going to go..?"

"Simple, just some company mandated questions, as well as some more personal questions just to be sure you're a good fit. It's... a bit more loose than usual, seeing as you're the only one with a semblance of knowledge with mechanics. Anything confusing about that?"

Jesus this guy can talk for hours if he really tried. "that sounds great, boss man"

"That's the spirit! I'm just going to lump some of the more obvious questions into one thing for you to answer. Have you been or are you currently pregnant, do you have a criminal record, are you afraid of dark claustrophobic spaces, and do you have a history of drug abuse of any kind?"

"That's gotta be a whole lot of nope right there. Though the claustrophobic thing? That's a maybe right there."

"Alright, well you're going to get over that with some help! Anyway, are you willing, in the event of an accident, to work out of your job request to help out with serving families and are you able to do first aid to a child or adult?"

"I do have knowledge about first aid, but uh... I can't do customer service well enough. I'd probably cuss out the first snobbish lady I meet."

"That's so understandable. Here, the last thing I need you to do is to sign this nondisclosure agreement, it's just so that in case you or a loved one get damaged or harmed here by something no one could control that you can't legally sue the company. Accidents happen so much more than you would believe..."

"That makes sense I guess... wait what do you mean by damaged?"

"It only really applies to any psychological damage that could happen. Doors sometimes get locked at random and people do go a bit crazy when we do find them."

"Well damn. I mean I do need this job.. small price to pay for money" with that Y/N signed the contract, binding themself to what was written down for all eternity.

The first guy who greeted Y/N was wearing headphones, cleaning up the dining room for when the opening hour comes. Who knows what his name is and what his job here actually is, because he's clearly not a janitor with the way he's cleaning.

"Alrighty! This all looks great!" Scott interjected, distracting from the silent judgment they were giving. "Well, I welcome you onto the team Y/N! You'll learn everything you need to know from our fully trained mechanic, Michael. He... well he usually comes in late, so there's a good 30 minutes before you can actually meet him, and about that working out of your job description..? Cleaning would go faster with an extra pair of hands."

"Alrighty, I guess.. hand me a broom."

With that, the three went all hands on deck to get the dining room and bathrooms in at least decent condition, thankfully, the male called 'Fritzy' lost the rock paper scissors tournament to clean said bathrooms. Goodbye to his nose. With about ten minutes to spare, the whole area was looking... at least somewhat better! And there was a third male who was just sitting on stage, drinking something from a travel mug, probably coffee, possibly alcohol. Y/N hadn't even heard his entrance, being too focused on cleaning.

"You missed a spot," The third male said, cutting the silence with his British accent.

"Well, why don't you get up and get it?" Y/N spoke, motioning to the mop next to him.

"I haven't finished my first cup of coffee," He replied, taking another sip.

"Two hands. One for coffee and one for cleaning. Why else would you be made with two hands?" They quipped back, putting the broom away into one of the storage closets.

"Touche," The British male replied, getting up.

Before Y/N could get in the last word, a chime sounded out in the building, and Scott clapped his hands to get everyone's attention.

"Alrighty, folks! 5 minutes till opening, Y/N for now you can use one of Michael's spare button-ups, seeing as you may be confused as a customer otherwise." He motions to the British male, now revealed to be the titular late Michael. "Other than that, get your last-minute coffee, tea, or Advil for the day ahead! Let's go, team!"

If it wasn't for the fact that everyone started rushing to finish up preparing, Y/N would have spoken out about wearing someone else's outfit.