Chapter 4 Revamp

Y/N awoke before their alarm. Before the sun had even risen. Their insides were squeezing and twisting with agony. They flung themself out of bed and crawled into their closet, shutting the door and holding their hatchet within like a child would their toy. Tears rolled down their cheeks and breaths were few and far between as a crushing weight slammed them down. That they'll be fired for some reason. That they will have to return to their family and have nothing to show of their independence. That Michael is just toying with their emotions to make fun of them, like their ex. That nothing they do will affect the people around them.

A panic attack is a wonderful way to start any day, in Y/N's sarcastic opinion.

But an early start is not a bad thing, per say. Just how it happened. Making box pancakes, adding cinnamon and chocolate, and turning on the early morning cartoons for the children just waking up. Tomorrow was always another day, and these early mornings showed that.

The second day of work was just like the first, with Scott welcoming them back with a hug and a head pat. Fritz acted like an annoying younger sibling, and Michael was as always, an irritated ball of British sass.

"Haha wow, it's already been a year? Boy time flies when you're dealing with tiny humans for so long, it's almost vaccine week."

Y/N looked over at Scott, who was helping out in the kitchen. "Pardon me, but what?"

"Fazbear Entertainment has a mandated week for all employees to be vaccinated for the coming months. Fall is only a couple of months away and they really like being early to the game, before prices of vaccines rocket."

"But... I'm not well versed in how vaccines work, but if it's this early will it really help out when fall finally comes?"

"Who knows, but hey! We get a higher paycheck because of it!"

"Oh boy, 120 dollars per paycheck, so worth it."

"Don't get sassy with me now, you get free food and drink for life. I myself have lived off Fazbear food for a couple of weeks."

Y/N smiled as Scott ran off on a dramatic tangent about the event early in his career as manager. They didn't pay much attention to it all but hey! It was better than silence and Scott seemed so happy to talk to someone. His whole demeanor was akin to a shiba inu, talkative, and constantly floating around nearby.

Mike seemed to be a lot more distant than the first time Y/N met him, always seemingly ready to yell at Fritz for something. Perhaps his default was just a mean British bastard? Was he pleasant because they were the newest worker? Or does he just hate the southern man? Y/N couldn't put a finger on what it was, maybe it was like close friends? Like a sibling rivalry? At the very least Scott seems to have adopted the 'fun uncle/tired parent' to the three, which is... a nice change of pace. It feels like a tight-knit family working here, and Y/N feels #blessed to be a part of it.

Really, that's how the better part of the first week went. Y/N was surprised at how comfortable they felt around the boys and their chaotic natures. Every other day Scott would mumble and worry about the vaccines and if they were 'up to code' for when the inspector came, Fritz would tease Michael, and Michael would be an all-around wild card. Sometimes he would be almost flirty, other days he would be jumpy and quiet.

The most notable of that week and a half of customer service was a conversation that Y/N missed the first half of, having walked in late that morning due to traffic.

"Are you telling me you stole my name??" Fritz, ever the dramatic, was almost fully in Scott's arms as he screeched about this knowledge, much to the chagrin of their mutual boss.

"I... Well! Listen, I'm sorry for using your name! It's not like I expected to work with someone who has the same name I made up on the spot!" Michael kept waving his hands about as he practically had to shout over Fritz's dramatics to be heard.

"You lying cheating bastard! That's it! We're getting a divorce! And I'm taking Y/N! You'll only see them on weekends now!"

"Since when were we married?! That's it, I'm taking your sugary tea privileges until you stop being a rightful-"

"Why am I being taken in the divorce????" Y/N asked, apparently scaring the three dramatic men, seeing as Michael and Scott jumped, and Fritz was dropped to the floor.

Scott took a moment to clear his throat and help Fritz back up, ignoring his light complaints, before saying, "Let's uh.. Let's get to work, gang! Tomorrow is a half day for us, because our vaccinations are finally arriving."

"Oh good, you were worried it would be delayed again." Michael hummed as he ruffled Y/N's hair playfully. They slapped his hand away and quickly fixed up their hair, even though they would put it all in a hair net.

"We're still getting that divorce.." Fritz mumbled as he limped by, slipping on his Fazbear branded jacket and grabbing his holy grail, sweet tea.

"Damn... Y/N would you still consider me your friend if I was a widowed man?" Michael snickered at his joke.

"I'll do you one better, would you care about me if I was one of the bots?" Y/N smirked as his own face fell at that. He seemed rather shocked, but he did ponder that for a moment, before stating,

"Yeah... I'll be sure to hose you down too like they get every weekend."

With some all-around laughter, another day comes to full swing.

A:N Sorry we haven't updated life just got busy but we'll be trying to update more for you guys soon!