Chapter 2 revamp

When Scott said to work out of their job description, Y/N didn't think it would be working in the kitchen. Apparently, the chefs decided to, in Scott's words, 'Runoff and join the circus that is Dallas' Theatre and Buffet!' There was no real way to ask him who they were when an SUV of about 9 kids came running in. At 9 am. Oh boy.. at least everything that needed to be made just had to be thrown in an oven to defrost. The light purple employee shirt was a bit baggy, but at least it was acceptable for them to roll up the sleeves, seeing as they also have to wear gloves while handling the food.

Scott was the only one who actively came into the kitchen to grab the food. This means Y/N got to hear a lot of complaining and explaining, with him both telling them what's going on in the main dining area while also talking about rude parents and more about that 'Dallas' place.

From the snippets of Scott's conversation, Dallas's Theatre and Buffet was a direct competitor to Freddy Fazbears, buying out one of the old establishments and the bots inside after some sort of incident. Being twice the size and with almost triple the cast, the rival company paid a lot more than Freddy's for the quality than for quantity. Meaning that in the event Y/N loses this job, they can't just go to them, seeing as they would probably want a full school year. They really are stuck for the long haul then.

Despite all of this, the opening rush was intense for such an understaffed place. Seriously, if it wasn't for the band being able to entertain the 20 or so kids, it would be chaos. This isn't even the worst rush. Apparently, the record for any summer day was 6 parties going off simultaneously, almost 200 children. Y/N sure hoped that wouldn't happen anytime soon. That sounds like true hell. Though once all the food orders were taken out to the families, everything, at least in the kitchen, calmed down.

As Y/N finally had enough time to rest, they realized they hadn't eaten in a hot minute. Their stomach growled in annoyance after being ignored for so long. Why is it so hard to take care of yourself and have a job at the same time? Being so focused on one thing does have its downsides, but maybe Scott will be nice because it's the first day? "I'm sorry but no!" Scott said with a tired and stressed look on his face, "now I need you to go fetch Michael. We need more hands out here. He's probably hiding out in one of the employee's only areas" Scott rubbed his eyes before grabbing more plates, then rushing out the door. So much for food, there's a Michael to hunt.

Making their way to parts and service, the first employees only area visible, through the main dining hall. Y/N was stopped by a woman whom one can only describe as an Entitled White Woman.

"Excuse me, do you have vegan alternatives for the pizza and for the sodas?"

"I'm sorry, you'll have to speak to my manager about that! He's the man with the red hair."

After avoiding that conversation and dooming Scott to have it, Y/N completed the journey into parts and service, where thankfully Michael was hiding out. Y/N didn't want to waste more time trying to find his other hiding places.

Michael was half bent over, working on an empty head on a shelf. It definitely gave a good view of his ass, but that wasn't the goal right now.

"Scott is going to have your head if you don't come out and help serve people."

It seemed the purple man wasn't even aware of the others' arrival, slamming his head on the shelf above and toppling a Freddy head to the ground.

"Would it kill you people to knock? I'm going to.. never mind," he sighed out as he wiped off oil and dust from his hands.

"Are you done yet? Cause I want to eat, and Scott won't let me eat till you're out."

"then I guess you'll have to starve."

"If I have to bribe you with food, I will."

"Mmmhh... fine. But we're going to that nice coffee shop down the road for lunch."

"Alright then, now get out so we can be over with this!"

Michael pats Y/N's head as he walks by and out of Parts and Service, and only then does it dawn on Y/N that, oh shit, they technically are going out on a date with the mechanic. And he didn't make a comment about it?? Does he even know that it sounded like he was asking for a date??? Oh no.

Scott poked his head into the room before Y/N could spiral too much and start thinking about Michael's ass again.

"Oh hey, I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier. I had to deal with a toddler trying to torment the poor gang on stage. Uhh, anyway, rush hour is approaching fast, and we really need you in the kitchen again preparing food. I promise you once the rush hour is over and it is slow again, you are free from kitchen duty to take a break and get some lunch. I know how awful it is to work on an empty stomach. All I ask is that you please last a little bit longer. I won't even be mad if you take a slice of pizza from the pie if it gets to it, I understand."

"Right away, boss man but also... Thank you. Also, sorry for sending that woman your way."

"OH MY G O D"

Y/N slinked off into the kitchen, laughing lightly at the overexaggerated reaction from Scott. At least there was something to look forward to later in the day.