Chapter 3: An Emotional Train Wreck

(Lmao the chapter title sounds like Enmu)

Sanemi: "That's not a very nice way to greet your brother."

He rolled his eyes. I sat down.

Genya: "Let me guess. You're gonna try to convince me to move back in with you."

Shit. Fucker read my mind. Genya sighed.

Genya: "You already know my answer is gonna be no."

I let out a groan.

Sanemi: "Cmonnnnn please??"

Genya: "No! And the more you keep asking, the more I'm gonna not wanna come back. I left for my own good, and your own good. I wanted to stay safe, and I knew the only way I could get you to change your drunken and aggressive behavior, is if I left."

Sanemi: "But I've changed."

Genya: "Have you?"

I hesitated then nodded slowly.

Genya: "You don't seem so sure of yourself."

Sanemi: "Believe me, I'm better than before."

Genya: "That's still not good enough. When I notice and tell you that you've changed, then I'll come back."

Sanemi: "Ugh, you're such a stubborn pain in the ass.."

Genya: "I'm the pain in the ass? Put yourself in my shoes. On the weekends, when I'm supposed to have no homework, I had to deal with your drunken ass and watch over you like a fucking babysitter when I'm literally your younger brother."

I grumbled.

Genya: "I was glad to move in with Gyomei. He's so nice and polite to me, unlike you were."

Sanemi: "I'm sorry.."

Genya: "Well, no point in being sorry now when the damage has already been done. Your drunkenness could've gotten yourself killed. Remember that night you passed out on the couch and forgot to turn off the stove? And I walked inside and there was smoke in the kitchen? Can't keep me safe if you can't even keep yourself safe. I don't want another fire incident to happen."

Sanemi: "Please, I promise I'll do better."

Genya: "You're gonna break it, and I don't want that to happen. In the mental state you're in, you can't make promises like that."

Sanemi: "Please, I don't want to be alone."

Genya: "I know, so get it together. The sooner you get it together, the sooner I'll move back in."

Sanemi: "You don't get it Genya, I need someone to help me get it together!"

Genya: "Then go to therapy!"

I gripped my palms.

Sanemi: "I DON'T NEED THERAPY!! I NEED YOU BACK HOME DAMMIT!!"

I punched the brick wall. Genya stopped talking and went wide eyed. Of course, the brick didn't break. Instead, my left knuckles made a loud crunch noise and started bleeding. It hurt like shit, but I didn't care. I looked down at my left hand. I frowned and bit my lip to endure the pain. I held my bleeding hand with my right hand. Genya scoffed. I didn't dare to look back at him.

Genya: "And you wonder why I don't want to come back and live with you. Look at yourself. You're an aggressive emotional mess."

I stayed silent.

Genya: "...You weren't like this when you were dating Giyuu.."

I went wide eyed.

Genya: "...You still haven't gotten over him, have you?"