Chapter 9: Pythagorean Theorem

(Ngl if Gyomei walked up behind me like that I'd fucking dissolve)

I blinked and blushed slightly.

Gyomei: "What do you mean..?"

Sanemi: "I just realized that I don't think that bed is gonna fit you."

Gyomei: "Oh."

Sanemi walked in and eyeballed the mattress.

Sanemi: "I think I remember his bed being a Double.. So it's only 6'2 (190.5cm) in length."

Gyomei: "Ah."

Sanemi: "My bed is a Queen (6'6 / 202cm in length), so y'know it's a lot bigger. If you want, you can sleep in my bed and I can sleep in Genya's."

Gyomei: "It's fine. Not even my bed at home can fit my entire length, and I have a California King."

Note: (California King beds are 7ft by 6 feet / 213cm by 182cm)

Sanemi: "Jesus."

Gyomei: "It's fine. Besides, I'm a person who likes to curl up."

I smiled. Sanemi sighed.

Sanemi: "Welp, your choice. G'night, Gyomei."

Gyomei: "Goodnight, Sanemi."

Sanemi retreated to his room and I heard the door shut. I laid down and stared at the ceiling. Two minutes later, I realized I had to go to the bathroom. I sat up and stared at the bathroom door that was across the hallway from the room.

Gyomei: "..."

I got up and walked towards the bathroom door. I put my hand on the knob. I tried not to think about what happened earlier, but of course that's inevitable. I felt my face heat up a little and sighed, opening the door.

Fortunately for me, he put that phallic object away, and I was actually able to get a look at his bathroom. He had all the average necessities in his bathroom, but something caught my eye.

Gyomei: "A hairdryer?"

He owned a hairdryer. Well, I can't say I'm surprised by that, seeing that he has spiky hair that defies gravity and his brother has a long messy mohawk. I also noticed he had hair gel, which was probably the reason his hair defied gravity.

I finished going to the bathroom and washed my hands. Suddenly, I smelled something good. It came from the tub. Curious, I got closer to the bathtub and glanced at his shampoo. Like the weirdo I am, I picked it up and smelled it. The scent was coconut. I was immediately hit with a memory.

Gyomei: "Heh, dang, this brings me back."

...

The first time I smelled this was the day I actually met Sanemi. We met almost two years ago in the school library. It was morning, and the buses were starting to arrive with kids. I remember I was organizing some books in the history aisle when I smelled the faint scent of coconut.

Gyomei: "...?"

It came from the other side of the bookshelf I was organizing, the math aisle. I glanced over in the math aisle to find the source of the coconut smell, when I saw a short white haired male trying to grab a book off the top shelf.

Sanemi: "Dammit.. why did this book have to be placed so high..?"

He looked frustrated, so of course, I decided to help. I guess he hadn't noticed me approaching because when I came up behind him and casually grabbed the book, he got spooked and turned around. I remember the look on his face as he had to glance upwards to look at me.