Chapter 10: No Matter What

(Long chapter, almost 2900 words)

---

–WARNING: PTSD AND TRAUMA UP AHEAD–

---

Gyomei's POV:

I nodded.

Sanemi: "Jesus.. Really??"

Gyomei: "Yep."

He just stared at me.

Sanemi: "...No offense but you don't seem like the type to be able to do that.."

I frowned a bit.

Sanemi: "I MEAN– I mean uhhh, you have the body for it, it's just.. You're too nice. I didn't think someone with your type of personality could handle the violence."

Gyomei: "Well, there's a lot of things you don't know about me."

Sanemi: "..Sorry.."

Gyomei: "But you're right. I don't like fighting, but I did it for my country. I served for a few years and then stopped."

I let go of my shirt and it flung down over my abs again. He looked at my torso for a few seconds.

Sanemi: "...I'm gonna go get a shirt on.."

I was about to say something, but he walked past me before I could say it. I stood quietly in the doorway to the kitchen as he disappeared into his room. I sighed, feeling bad for him. I looked over at the dishes I had interrupted him from. I pulled up my sleeves and started to wash them. A minute later, he walked back out. He had put a black t-shirt on.

Sanemi: "I- you didn't need to do my chore for me."

Gyomei: "Well, I wanted to."

Sanemi scoffed and went into the fridge. He grabbed a carton of orange juice out and poured himself a glass. I scrubbed some cheese off a plate, when I got the feeling that I was being watched.

Gyomei: "..Why are you staring at me?"

Sanemi: "Oh.. I was just trying to guess your age based on your appearance."

I chuckled.

Gyomei: "How old do you think I am?"

Sanemi: "...32?"

Gyomei: "Close. I'm 31."

(I changed their ages in this story. It's for the plot.)

Sanemi: "Ah okay."

Gyomei: "What about you?"

Sanemi: "Actually, I'm 26."

I blinked and looked at him. Sanemi stopped drinking.

Sanemi: "What?"

Gyomei: "26? I was expecting you to be 21.."

He laughed.

Sanemi: "What made you think I was 21?"

Gyomei: "Well, Genya is 16. I didn't expect you guys to be a decade apart."

Sanemi: "Well, my mom had me at a young age. She was 19 when I was born."

Gyomei: "Oh."

He shifted his posture.

Sanemi: "She had me at 19 and decided to keep me despite having college and a job."

Gyomei: "Was that stressful for her?"