Chapter 5: Going Insane

I didn't know what to do so I just let it ring until it stopped. The call went away, and I just stood there, questioning myself. Not even a minute later, a text came in. It was from Giyuu as well. I read it and once again, I was shocked. It said "Why didn't you answer the call? You usually do." I was so confused. Another text came in. "Are you up for Dinner tonight?" I just stared at the text message. I set the phone back down and sat in my chair.

Suddenly, the door opened. I looked up and saw Sabito. He looked stressed.

Sabito: "Have you seen my phone? I think I left it here- Oh!"

He saw the phone on my desk and rushed over. He grabbed it.

Sabito: "Thanks, Shinazugawa!"

He ran out the door again. I didn't say anything back. I just sat there, piecing together what the fuck just happened.

Sanemi: "So that was Sabito's phone.."

What the fuck? Sabito, who I thought had some childish crush on Giyuu, is now dating Giyuu? Sabito is underage and dating a 26 year old man. Giyuu is literally a decade older than him. I clenched my teeth. How long have they been dating?? Was Giyuu cheating on me? Is Sabito the reason why Giyuu broke up with me?? I sat there questioning my situation. Did Giyuu genuinely lose interest in me because he wanted someone younger and prettier?? Cause usually the reason people break up is because they found someone better than their partner, or their relationship wasn't working for them. Which, I'm pretty sure our relationship was going pretty smoothly.

I took a deep breath. He chose Sabito over me. My blood boiled. Is Sabito better than me? Is a literal 2nd year better than me? I found myself going insane as I deeper questioned myself. Suddenly, I heard a loud snap. I broke out of my mental trance, and looked down. I had unconsciously picked up a pencil and broken it. I stared at the pencil for a minute before throwing it into the trash. I took some of the splinters out of my thumb, before getting up and looking at Sabito's desk. I can't be mad at the kid for dating Giyuu. Most teenagers are desperate for attention. Plus, Giyuu is pretty attractive and so I understand why the kid would develop a crush on him.

I feel bad for him. He's gonna get attached to Giyuu, and sooner or later, Giyuu might lose interest in him too. I shook my head of my thoughts and went back to cleaning.

Sanemi: "I really need to get to the doctor's office.."

I quickly finished cleaning, got all my students' homework that they finished in class and put it in my to do files. I grabbed my motorcycle helmet, keys and locked my classroom door. I walked out of the building to my parking spot. I put my helmet on and my files in the side compartments.

It was gonna be a little hard to ride with a bandaged hand, but I didn't want to pay for a bus, nor could I just leave my bike here. I'd just have to deal with the pain of gripping onto my handlebars. I got on my bike and started it up. I didn't really know where the doctor's office was, so I put GPS on my phone and put my bluetooth earbuds in so I could hear the GPS talk while I drove. Yes, my hand stung a little, but I dealt with it. GPS told me it'd take 10 minutes to get there, but with my misfortune, it took me 16 minutes because I kept having to stop at red lights.

I parked my motorcycle and walked inside the building. Again, I had to wait because there were 3 people in front of me at the place where people checked in. I probably should have made an appointment earlier, but it's useless to make an appointment now that I'm already here. 10 minutes later, I finally got to the front of the line.

Sanemi: "Hello, I'm here to see my doctor."

The lady at the front desk asked If I had an appointment, which I didn't. She asked if I could wait 30 minutes, because there were 2 people who had an appointment to see my doctor before I could see him myself. I said sure, and she got me appointed in. She gave me a little prism that would beep when It was my turn to see the doctor.

Sanemi: "Thank you, and also, is there any place I could get my hand re-wrapped?"

I showed her my hand and she went wide-eyed.

Front Desk Lady: "Uhh, Go to the Pharmacy and First-Aid right there. I'm sure they'll wrap your hand."

She pointed to the Pharmacy. I walked in there and went to one of the First-Aid desks there. I showed them my hand and they quickly got bandages and medicine for it. A nurse un-wrapped my hand and put medicine on my knuckle wounds. It stung, but that was fine. She re-wrapped it and I thanked her. I walked out of the Pharmacy and went to the waiting area to sit down. I stared at my phone and listened to music for a while. Then, 15 minutes later, my prism started beeping.

Sanemi: "Finally, my turn."

I looked at the prism, which had room number 208 on it. I walked through some large doors into the hallways where the rooms were. I found 208 and went inside. I waited for 7 minutes, before my doctor finally walked in.

Doctor: "Afternoon, Mr. Shinazugawa."

Sanemi: "Hey, Doc."

He sat down on his chair.

Doctor: "So you're here for a med check-up? How have you been doing?"

He searched up my file.

Sanemi: "I've been doing okay, but today, even though I took my meds, I had an aggressive outburst. I don't think my meds are strong enough anymore. Do you have anything stronger?"

Doctor: "What's the name of the medication again?"

I gave him the name of my anger medication and he searched up my medication history on his computer. He frowned. That wasn't a good sign. He searched around a little longer before leaning back on his chair.

Doctor: "I'm afraid what you're on right now is.. our strongest medication."