"Ethereal"

Chapter Twenty-Five

"Ethereal"

Jungkook immediately contacted Yoongi and asked him to meet him in the office. He waits patiently, walking back and forth around the room. He checked his usual daily routine, and everything is in place, 'I guess Taehyung did a good job.' Even the concerns of his employees were handled properly. He proposed a new set of ideas that even Jungkook didn't think of as a CEO of the Jeon company so saying he was impressed would be an understatement. I guess Jimin has a thing for leader-types.

"Jungkook?" Yoongi asks unsure as he entered the room.

Jungkook looks at him with a smile confirming his question with a nod, "I don't know how either so don't ask." He says as he raised his hand to stop him from asking.

Yoongi laughs as he walked towards his boss to give him a brotherly hug while patting his back. "I'm glad you are back!" Yoongi says, happy that everything's back to normal. "Why do I feel like this has something to do with Taehyung."

Jungkook raises his eyebrow, "How so?"

Yoongi shrugs, "He sounds different yesterday."

Jungkook hums, "Anyway, I want you to transfer money to his bank account everything he had worked for in the past months. He earned it." He says before turning his back to go and sit in his chair.

"Everything?" Yoongi clarifies. "What about me don't I get anything from fixing all his problems?" He asks as a joke.

Jungkook laughs as he sat, "You can check your account." He says and Yoongi looks at him, eyes wide.

"For real?" Yoongi gapes.

"I'm not kidding. Thanks for helping me," Jungkook says with a smile, "Also I know this isn't a part of your job but---"

"Are you asking about Jimin?" Yoongi intervenes, "He hasn't stepped out of his house for the past 3 days. However, this Friday he has an important event at the university."

"Ah," Jungkook smiles with a nod, "He's going to perform in a group?"

"No, he is listed as a solo performer," Yoongi informs.

Jungkook looks at him with surprise, "Really? Wow."

"Should I buy you a ticket? I can still squeeze you in on the first row."

Jungkook ponders over it for a minute, "No, I won't stay anyway."

"Okay, noted sir."

Jungkook smiled at himself, he will see Jimin perform for the first time. During the months they were together Jimin would automatically stop dancing when he sees him enter the room. He always says he is shy, that's why finding out that Jimin will perform solo makes him happy because finally, Jimin gets to show his true potential.

---

Taehyung wakes up with a headache, "Ah fuck." He curses under his breath. As soon as he sat up his head spins. He notices he wasn't wearing a shirt and sees his arms weren't tatted up. He gapes at his arms dumfounded, he looks around, he was sitting on the floor with paint marks on his upper body and pants. He tries to move and uses his hand to push himself up, he looks over to his side and sees an unfinished painting. "Jimin?"

The subject of the painting was none other than his lover, Jimin. Despite the canvas not being fully painted, he can discern Jimin because he knows his lover's features well. His face quickly turns sour as he examines the canvas. He finds an empty glass of wine on the side, and he hates what he does next.

---

At the moment Jungkook steps out of his car, people were giving him looks. Maybe because he was wearing formal attire and his tattoos were exposed by his rolled-up sleeves. Yoongi was standing behind him when he starts to enter the school premises. It feels nostalgic as if he hasn't been here for years, but it was only a few days since he last stepped foot here.

They proceeded to enter the theater which was heavily packed with people, "Aish," he hears Yoongi groaning a complaint before stepping in front of him to protect him and guide him to the entrance. Jungkook didn't mind the crowd, the program had started a few hours ago and now the next performer was on the stage. He spots Hoseok in the center of the dance break.

Once Yoongi sees a space at the side of the front row he quickly motions Jungkook to stand there. Jungkook watches with an amazed expression on his face as Jimin's friend performs on stage. The genre was hip-hop and Hoseok was on fire.

He looks over at the crowd, they were all cheering loudly. He chuckles, happy that Hoseok was receiving very positive feedback. When the performance ended, he clapped as loud as he could before the performers went backstage.

He waits patiently as another performer steps out of the stage, "Jimin's up next." Yoongi informs him in a whisper.

Jungkook anticipates, he feels nervous as well. He wants to go backstage and tell Jimin he will do a great job and probably tell him that he will be the highlight of the show. He wants to comfort him because he knows how nerve-wracking it must be for Jimin.

His hands started to feel clammy as he hides them in his side pockets. He doesn't know how Jimin had been for the past days they weren't together. Why am I here? He asks himself, he thinks Jimin won't be delighted to see his face.

Jimin's name was called out and there was silence as Jimin walked to the center of the stage. His head was held high as he looks at the center of the crowd. He's there on full dancer walk in pure white like an angel. His facial expression was neutral, but his eyes were so serious. The lights focused on him, he posed, and just as the music started, he moves in sync with the music.

Jimin's passion was clearly expressed as he moved with fluidity on stage. How he can convey his emotions through dancing amazes Jungkook, he was spellbound at how ethereal Jimin is. Jimin's movements were delicate and at the same time strong and precise it was impeccable. He wished he was deserving of such a person. His heartstrings were being pulled as he watches Jimin's every move.

He was beyond proud of Jimin. As the music ends, Jimin takes a slow turn and falls to the ground gracefully. The crowd went wild as soon as Jimin stood up, with heavy breathing he manages to show his blinding smile. Jungkook knew he must have looked so mesmerized as he stares at Jimin. The latter's eyes scan through the crowd with a small smile and somehow their eyes met for a second. Jungkook smiles at him, but Jimin averts his gaze before he takes a bow. He elegantly walks out of the stage.

Jimin looked very happy, and that makes Jungkook happy as well seeing his love give his best and didn't hold himself back.

"Ah, I missed his performance!" Yoongi says as he jogged towards Jungkook, he looks at his friend.

"Did you leave the bouquet?" Jungkook asks. Yoongi merely nodded a reply. "Then, let's go," Jungkook says, he looks at the empty stage one last time before turning around to leave.

---

Next update: Tomorrow :)