"Goodbye"

Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Goodbye"

The ball bounced lightly, stopping beside Namjoon's foot. He lowered down to pick up the ball and looks at the group of men murderously. "Who wants to go first?"

The guy standing in the middle laughed, "Don't be fucking ridiculous. We can one on one, I pick Jimin since he looks angry at me." He says then the others laughed at that. Jimin glares at him when he hears them mention his name.

"Wah. Be careful what you wish for." Namjoon chuckles. "Yeah, sure Jimin is cute af but he's a black belter in kendo and has received training in taekwondo."

The three guys continued to laugh, "Who cares? Don't worry it was a joke, I don't wanna hurt Jiminie so why don't we just get this over with." He says stepping forward and swung his arm to Namjoon who easily dodged. The latter quickly lands him an uppercut and the guy fell to the ground.

With the ball still in his other hand, he smashes it to the guy's stomach who cries out in pain. Namjoon then crouches down, sitting on the heels of his foot. "Next?"

Another one launched himself towards Namjoon throwing punches aimlessly, it was hilarious Namjoon thinks. He then kicked the guy in the shin and hits him square in the face with his fist. Namjoon let out a laugh of satisfaction.

The last guy quickly scrambles about to escape but Jimin appeared in front of him. Jimin lifts his knee and rotates with his standing foot, before the guy could react, he was already hit with the ball of Jimin's foot, he hit the wall as well and passes out.

Namjoon whistled, "That's going to hurt." Jimin merely shrugs and goes back to attend to Hoseok's needs.

Namjoon crouches down again and stared at the two guys on the ground, "Hurt my friends again and I won't hold back anymore." He clicks his tongue then kicks the ball at them.

"Namjoon let's go." Jimin pleaded, he looks at Hoseok who looked burnt out.

---

"Hyung, why is your shirt wet?" Jimin asks. They were at Hoseok's apartment now.

Hoseok looks at him embarrassed, "It was their water bottle."

"Wait, why would they do that?" Namjoon prods as he sat on the couch exhausted.

Jimin looks at Hoseok carefully, "Hmm we were both chosen as the candidates."

Namjoon opens his mouth wide, surprised that both of his friends got the opportunity, "Wow that's amazing!"

"hmm." Hoseok only hums as he walked to the bathroom. Once he was inside, Jimin went and sat beside Namjoon.

"You think he'll be okay?" Namjoon asks with concern on his face. Jimin looks at him unsure, he shrugs. "But you think he'll accept the scholarship?"

Jimin shifts his gaze to the coffee table in front of them, "I hope he does."

"Are you?"

Jimin looks elsewhere but Namjoon, "Yes."

"Does Taehyung know?" Namjoon asks, "By the way, he told me you guys didn't break up."

Jimin lets out a sigh, "I don't want to talk about Taehyung right now."

Namjoon contemplates but he doesn't want to overstep their boundaries as friends. And he saw how stressed Jimin was the past few weeks. "Okay."

Suddenly Hoseok stepped out of the bathroom, "Guys I'm sorry." He starts, he was wearing a different shirt now. "You must be wondering why I let them do that to me. Honestly, I felt bad that I was chosen but they weren't."