"Absolution"

Chapter Thirty-Three

"Absolution"

The next day Jimin contemplated on what to wear, and since the weather forecaster announced that there's a high possibility it would snow tonight, he made sure to cover himself up to keep himself warm. He chose to wear a black overcoat with a grey turtleneck underneath. He puts on a black beret and finally slips on black leather gloves. He inspects himself in the mirror and he feels satisfied with his choice of outfit. He sighs, feeling anxious still.

He hears a soft knock on the door, so he hurries and grabs a small hand back that he slings over his shoulder, "Coming!" Once he opened the door, Hoseok greeted him with a wide smile.

"Hi Chiminie, you look beautiful." The other compliments.

Jimin laughs quite shy, "You are dashing hyung."

"Oh, not really! But seriously is that your revenge look or something?" Hoseok pokes fun at Jimin.

"It's not because of Taehyung, okay?" Jimin says with a pout.

Hoseok tilts his head to the side in wonder, "Wait--- who?"

Jimin bites his lower lip, "You remember that person who would send me flowers?" Hoseok's lips formed an 'O'. Jimin beams at the other, "Maybe you'll meet him tonight too."

"Finally, i'd meet the person who manages to put a big smile on your face each year," Hoseok says looking excited, he wiggles his eyebrows knowingly. "Also, I'm sorry for teasing you about Taehyung I know you don't have feelings for him anymore."

"Yeah, about that, can you guys stop?" Jimin's smile fades as he looks at Hoseok's eyes. "I cared and I loved him dearly, deeply. He was still the first man I had loved. So, all the memories I've spent with him, I still cherish all of that, all of him despite getting hurt multiple times. I think it brought me to where i'am now." He says nodding at himself. "It would make me feel awkward if we get together so soon."

Hoseok nods as well, he reaches out and takes Jimin's hand on his. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being inconsiderate. I understand you. I do. It's just that, I can't help but hope that we can all be friends again."

"Like I said last night hyung, someday. I'm sure we can make it work but I can't now." Jimin explains, he sighs loudly. "Also, the secret admirer you are referring to is Jeon Jungkook, I'm sorry I kept it from you."

Hoseok looks at him with wide eyes, "Jeon?" He repeats, "You mean the JEON Jungkook?!" His eyes were almost bulging out, he looked at him with disbelief.

Jimin pulls out his hand away, his gloves almost falling from his hand. He's quick to put it back on and smiles at Hoseok, "Yeah, he's built a name for himself, even in the entertainment industry. He's quite a celebrity now. You know back then, I thought our differences were vast but now, he seems unreachable." Jimin laughs.

"Eh? Are you belittling yourself? Aigoo!" Hoseok groans as he looks at Jimin with incredulity. "Being humble?"

Jimin nudges Hoseok's side playfully, "Why? He's like a dream come true, a prince charming!"

"Weren't you referred to as prince eric on the internet? Psshh." Hoseok clicked his tongue. "You guys will make a controversial couple, you'd probably break the internet."

Jimin chuckles at that, "If everything goes well and I don't panic, I guess you can meet him for sure." Jimin wraps his arm around Hoseok's, "Let's go?"

Hoseok looks at Jimin, seeing how excited the younger was, is enough to make him hope that he finally gets the happiness he deserves. Will it be a happy ending?