"Oceans Away" Part 2

Song of the chapter is orange by 7! I can't stop listening to this song fr. Last 2 chapters would probably be uploaded next week :) Please vote? 🥺

Chapter Thirty-One

"Oceans Away"

Jungkook drove to Jimin's house in a hurry, the moment he arrives he was already wondering why the house looks so empty. He removes his seat belt hastily and runs across the street to reach the door quickly. He knocks but no one was opening the door, "Jimin?" He calls out, banging on the door loudly. "Jimin?!" He calls out louder.

"Hey! Young man!"

Jungkook looks to his side and sees an old neighbor, he had seen him before, "Ahjussi, have you seen the people who live here?" He asks breathlessly as he approaches the old man.

"Oh, the young couple had moved out a week ago. I only saw the taller one moving out items of furniture." He informs Jungkook who was confused. "I think they put the house on sale."

Jungkook nods absentmindedly, "Ah... T-Thank you!" He bows and runs in his car as fast as he could. Once he is seated, he calls Yoongi who instantly answered, "Hyung, I need you to track Jimin's GPS. I don't care what you do as long as you can provide me his current location. Hyung, this is very important to me so please, find a way. I'm willing to pay any amount just--"

"I get it Jungkook. I'll call you asap." Yoongi says and ends the call.

Jungkook rested his face on his hands, "Where are you?" He asks, why did they put the house on sale? He thought Jimin had come to him because he and Taehyung had broken up, but how come they moved out together? So, he was right, that Jimin was there to say his goodbyes before leaving with Taehyung?

All the unanswered questions in his head are driving him insane. His heart sank, crestfallen. He huffs as his eyes stung, tears were starting to pool in the corner of his eyes. "But..." Jimin hugged him back, he let Jungkook kiss his lips. They kissed passionately and, in the end, Jimin will just leave him? It's unlike him. Jimin looked like he was waiting for him to say something. He recalls Jimin's expression as they talked earlier, and now does he realize the look on Jimin's face. Jimin was staring up at him with anticipation, what was he expecting?

And now, he doesn't believe that Jimin had moved out with Taehyung. Was Jimin waiting for Jungkook to tell him to stay? It was a possibility. He groans in defeat, suddenly his phone rang.

He picks it up quickly, "Hyung?"

"Jungkook, we couldn't track Jimin's GPS, I'm guessing he had bought a new phone," Yoongi informs quite disheartened.

"Then why are you calling me if you can't help?!" Jungkook asks angrily, his emotions were overflowing right now.

"I found out that he has a flight schedule today to the US along with Jung hoseok. They're being sponsored with a scholarship." Yoongi tells him. "His flight is 30 minutes from now, if you go there now you can still catch up only if there's no traffic. Jungkook, drive safely, and don't feel guilty that you're shouting at me right now. I know how much Jimin means to you so go after him and tell him your feelings. And again, please drive safely." Yoongi ends the call, the location of the airport flashes on the screen of his phone.

He takes a deep breath and starts his car then he drove as fast as he could. He keeps checking his wristwatch, his heart was beating loudly against its constraints. He was near the airport when he sees a long line of cars blocking the entrance of the said airport. He curses loudly as he pulls to the side of the road, he quickly runs inside the airport overtaking the cars that were stuck in the driveway.