C H A P T E R 2 9

It was finally time for our two favourite couple to leave the nest.

"Ebony we need to find your passport already, we're leaving in tomorrow" Max said under his breath. They were both in the gym at the Morte house, Ebony and Max had almost everything planned; clothes packed, new ID's, the lot.

"I know, but if I ask my mum for it, she's gonna suspect something, I don't even know where the keeps all my documents" she said turning to face him, he was already standing behind her ready to discuss their plans.

"We're going to your house. Now. She's at work so we can just ransack the house to try and find it, I'm sure it'll be in plain sight" he said hopefully, trying to better her mood, she'd been feeling quite down for some reason, but he didn't want to annoy her or seem to clingy.

On their way to Ebony's house, they kept the mood light, and only listened to some music. Drake's 'N 2 Deep' played in the background; Max couldn't handle the awkward silent, however it was one sided, Ebony enjoyed the silence, it was dark and all she could see outside of the window was trees and street lamps, the dim yellow light led the way down the empty road, and before she knew it, they were almost at her house.

"Are you okay? You've felt kind of off with me... are you having second thoughts?" All the thoughts in his head were now slipping from his mouth like a dam that had finally broken.

"I'm okay, just a little overwhelmed, everything's okay Max, now lets go find my passport" she said, whilst cradling his face.

"Okay... I love you, cuore mio (my heart)" he said taking her hand off his face and giving her a light kiss.

The scrambled all over the place, trying to find her passport, they looked all through Ebony's mums room, but with no luck, they were unable to find it. Until Max looked at a photo frame above the bed. The photo frame was of Ebony and her mother, smiling and holding each other, Ebony was only a few years old, probably around 5; she looked genuinely happy, you could see how happy they were together, just the two of them; soon it would just be Max and Ebony. The photo frame was slightly crooked, he jumped on the bed and carefully removed the photo from the hook, behind it was a built-in safe.

"What do you think the code would be?" He asked whilst trying multiple different combinations.

"Try her birthday, or the day we moved in to this house" she told him the dates, but there was no movement. Both of the paused and squinted at each other, they both knew what the other was thinking. Ebony's birthday. The safe opened with a puff, but they were both shocked to find that there was a gun and ammo, as well as a backpack filled with different currencies, and two passports, with different names.

"Why does she have a gun?" She asked, but it was clear that it was a question she was asking herself.

"Because Max's mother gave it to me just in case something happened, that's why that backpack is there too...you're not the only one who's been having lessons" Ebony's mother said. They both turned around shocked to find that she had come home for her break.

"We're sorry, we were just looking for your passport" Max said trying to figure out a lie he could tell her. She looked at him unconvinced.

"Me and Ebony planned a girls trip for you and my mom... we know how hard the both of you work, so we just wanted to do something for the both of you" he said, stepping forward and slumping his shoulders.

"Guys, if you wanted to plan something for me you should've asked, I haven't even booked any time off-"

"We've already asked, and they approved it, you have three weeks off, starting tomorrow" Ebony chipped in.

"Well then... help me pack my bags already!" She said jumping around with Ebony... she hadn't seen her mum smile like that in a long time, she felt even worse knowing that tomorrow would be her last day with her. Cassandra opened one of the draws on her dresser, underneath was a small compartment that was full of papers and two passports, Ebony saw a flash of her passport and quickly took a mental picture so she wouldn't forget. Cassandra took her passport out and stuck it in her carry-on.

"My mom thought it was a good idea if you two had a sleepover, that's also a pamper/self care night" he said as he picked up her luggage.

"I really appreciate it guys, I just need to take this call and I'll be right back" she said as she picked up her phone.

Max quickly turned around and went to her dresser to get Ebony's passport, he quickly flashed it in her face, before he shoved it in his back pocket. "It's almost official cuore mio, we're leaving... finally" he said as he peppered her face with light kisses.

"Gross! I get you love each other but sheesh" Cassandra said jokingly, "Guys the hospital called and they've told me that I can leave early, lets get this part started!" She said whooping and dragging her suitcase behind her. They packed her things in Max's car, and drove back to the Morte house.

Cassandra sat in the back seat with her daughter, they held each other and listened to the sound of wind going in and out of the car. It was almost painful for Ebony, her mother was clueless, she was never going to see her daughter again, all she knew was that her daughter cared about her so much, that she paid for her to go on a trip.

Arriving at the manor, Cassandra jumped out of the car and into Marielle's arms.

"Hey girlfriend! Are you ready for our trip? Cassandra asked excitedly.

"What trip?" Marielle asked, confused,

"Oh I see, they haven't told you yet. We're going on a girls trip! I came over because we're doing a girls night!" She said jumping up and down like an excited child.

"Really! You need to help me pack!" Marielle screamed,

"Slow down, we haven't even revealed where you guys are going yet" Max said whilst helping Ebony get out of the car.

"Well then spit it out, where are we going?"

"Spain! We booked you guys a villa in Costa Blanca!" Max said jumping up and down.

The women tried to contain their excitement, but couldn't, so they jumped up and down whilst screaming. Now all Ebony and Max had to do was actually book it all. The two teens spent all night trying to find the perfect villa, and first class flights and excursions that they could go on.