C H A P T E R 1 8

"OH MY LORD EBONY, I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE OKAY" she practically screamed while running to hug Ebony.

"I tried to visit you in the hospital but they told me it was only immediate family that could go in" Miss Blue said; Max wasn't immediate family, Ebony wasn't sure how he got in, but she was glad that he did.

"It's okay, I know you kept me in your prayers, I'm here and I'm okay, and I know I have a lot to catch up on, same for Max too" Max intertwined their fingers, at this, Miss Blue wasn't one to ship students together but Ebony and Max was her favourite couple that she'd seen.

"Alright I'm glad you're okay, the both of you" she said meaningfully.

They each exchanged smiles and sat down.

The class slowly started to fill with more and more students; some glancing at Ebony and then the girls eyeing Max, she wasn't one to get jealous but seeing how they were staring at Max, made her into a green eyed monster.

Lunch came around quickly, the class was easier than expected because of the study dates they both had together, to get Ebony to catch up. All Ebony wanted to do was go sit in her car and listen to music, forgetting that she didn't have a car anymore, and stuck on what she was going to do.

"Hey do you think we can go to McDonald's? I really don't wanna stay here" Ebony asked, hoping he would say yes.

"Yeah we can go, lemme tell the guys that we're leaving, are you okay with staying here on your own for a bit?"

"Um I guess so, hurry back okay" she said while finding the closest seat to sit on.

Max walked out of the class and set off to find Enzo and Alex. While Ebony waited, she played some music, loud enough to block out anything, closing her eyes, she sat and appreciated the bass of Brent Faiyaz's 'Talk 2 U".

I wanna know everything about you
But first I gotta talk to you
Talk to you 'bout something new
Never look to the same to you
Talk to you 'bout something new
I don't wan' be alone with you

All of a sudden a familiar toxic smell invaded her nose, the sickly bitter smell of the one girl who had an unfathomable amount of hate for Ebony. She closed her eyes in hopes that Ellie and her little minions would disappear, this must've annoyed Ellie, because she ripped Ebony's headphones off and slammed them on the table.

"Everyone knows that Max doesn't actually like you, he's just using you to get to me, did you know that me and him fucked while you were locked away in a psycho ward" Ellie said.

"What are you talking about?" Ebony's shock was evident, she failed at trying to hide it, she couldn't believe that Max didn't not like her, but her anxiety was still high, her mind could conjure up many things. And a psycho ward?

"You're an attention seeking whore, slitting your wrists, trying to get him to feel sorry for you, but I see right through you, no one is going to believe a word you say you little slag" Ellie seethed.

"Yeah" the two minions said in sync.

Ebony thought she was strong, but hearing those words hurt her more than any car injury could give her. She couldn't contain the tears that were flowing from her eyes.

"Oh what you're crying, what a pussy, do us all a favour and kill yourself already."

"Hey what's going on here? What are you- Ebony!" Max and Miss Blue walked in a saw everything unfolding, but Ebony had just gotten into the beginning stages of a panic attack.

"Ebony look at me, you're going to be okay, just focus on me okay" she could hear Max say but it sounded distorted, almost like she was underwater; one by one, all of her senses started to fade.