C H A P T E R 5

Numb.

Ebony couldn't feel anything, she should've been used to it by now, but it seemed as if whenever she got like this it was worse than before. She felt nothing. but everything all at once; sadness, anger, loss, guilt... numb.

She really didn't want to get out of bed, she hardly slept last night; after her low she had just fixed up her arm and tried to go to sleep, but all she really did was toss and turn, stare at the ceiling and look out of her window.

Wondering if she should text Max, she decided not to because it was four in the morning, she would just be bothering him anyway, she put her phone down and tried to go back to sleep. After what felt like hours she finally began to fall asleep.

BEEP! BEEP!

She felt like absolute death, she really wanted to just stay at home. Ditching was out of the question because they'd call her mum, and if her mum found out she'd ask questions, and if she asked questions Ebony would get into even more trouble. Way too much hassle.

7:23am

She ripped the sheets of her now cold body, due to the windows being wide open. She got her headphones and started blasting some Bring me the Horizon to wake herself up completely, after stripping from her soft pyjamas, she climbed into the shower not really caring about the time.

7:59am

After a while of just letting the water flow down her body, she got out and dried herself off.

Suddenly a gust of wind blew past her and knocked her towel off, she was just butt ass naked. Strike one of her shitty day. She got her towel off the floor and wrapped it around herself tightly and securely.

After the towel fiasco she put her outfit together, she obviously wasn't going to make an effort this time, her outfit consisted of a black leggings, a thrasher hoodie and some black UGG boots. There was no denying that her hair was a tragic mess, so instead of keeping her curly hair in a tight bun, she straightened it. After a couple of minutes she found her beanie, and just as she put it on she got a text

8:36am

Max: Ebony where are you????

She decided not to answer, she really couldn't deal with 1-2-1 human contact today. Time was going kinda fast, but since she wasn't making an effort with anything today she didn't care.

Grabbing her keys from the kitchen she began walking towards the front door when she realised that she should bring some tissues with her to school, just in case she had a breakdown during class. She was already late, but she didn't care. Trudging up the stairs, she got some tissues from her bedside table.

8:47am

Getting into her car, she started making her way to college, she prayed that no one would try to talk to her, and no one being, Max, she really didn't want to see him today, her encounters with people never went well when she was like this. She had no reason to try and be nice or happy for, or to anyone.

Wait hold up...wow, it smells like vanilla in here, she thought.

She sat in her car and just enjoyed the heat coming from her car, and watched everyone rushing into the building. She really tried to convince herself that she could walk in there and just get on with it.

She got out and walked to her impending doom.

The lady at the front desk, also knows as Miss Cavern, looked at Ebony and disregarded her presence, she knew that sometimes she came in late, but she didn't really care, as she walked to her class she heard Miss Cavern shouting at another student, "WHY ARE YOU SO LATE, DO YOU KNOW THAT IT'S 8:55 NOW, GET TO CLASS!" she roared.