chapt 1 • Like Mother Like Daughter

Sex

Sex.

I was addicted to it, it was something my body couldn't go without for long periods of time. Something my body craved, and yearned for. Something that angered me because I couldn't help it.

Whenever I denied my body from it's pleasure it would only find a way to completely torture me.

As a child, father warned me to stay away from things that didn't belong to me or things I couldn't have.

But I never listened, if I wanted something I would always get it.

Growing up, I was always a spoiled brat to people because of it and they were completely wrong.

In the eyes of the world I was his daughter, also known as a young seductress who was incredibly reckless.

Reckless.

An adjective used for a person or their actions without thinking or caring about the consequences of an action.

The word was used a lot for me when I turned sixteen, I seem to not have a care in the world.

Today is my nineteenth birthday, Grandma being the holy Christian she is prayed with me for over twenty minutes about a long and sinless life.

"Must you show so much skin?" Grandma gave me a disapproving look as I emerged from the long, white stairs. The sound of people talking filled the room, the words 'Happy Birthday Honey' written on a banner.

Men dressed in formal suits and women with dresses hitting their ankles. Here I was with a cut short, wine colored dress that hit my mid thigh. A deep v-neck showing off the curves of my breast.

"Isn't there something in that bible of yours which says, 'Thou shall be comfortable in thy skin'?" she glares at me and clutches the small, brown book tighter in her hands.

"Honey, come here please" I look to see father speaking to a woman and a man.

I join him as he stands along with a family, a married woman who seems to be narrowing her eyes at me and a her husband who cannot take his eyes off of my exposed thighs in the short dress which exposed the deep view of my breast.

"Honey, this is Mariana and her husband. You know them well, yes" Father introduces and I stare at the couple whom I have never once seen in my life, he glares at me to go along with it.

"Actually no, I don't" I give the woman a short smile and she plasters a fake smile on her lips.

"I was best friends with your mother in college, around your age" she clasps her hand around her husband's arm and he only licks his lips staring into my eyes.