chapt 34 • Someone New

"Honey, this is Jaxon Blake

"Honey, this is Jaxon Blake. He's new to the academy and the council has volunteered you to show him around" Carter introduces me.

Why the fuck would they do that? I'm the last person to be showing anyone around.

I look over at Jaxon, he's the "my parents think this shit-hole will help my behavior" type, like me based on how he's dressed and the fact that he won't stop looking me up and down.

Jaxon's hair was black and wavy, he combed his hand through his hair to fix the strands that seemed to do what they wanted. He was dressed in black matching his hair, not even trying to hide the tattoo on his biceps and arm, he gave me a small wave before standing up.

"This might not be so bad" He stuffs his hands in his pockets and I roll my eyes. When he talked I got a glimpse of a silver tongue piercing.

"It will be for me" His lips perk up in amusement.

"Normally I would make Adeline do this but the council will like to involve you more" Carter opens the door for us, "You show him the main buildings and the classes, then to his room, nothing more than that"

When Carter closes the door, Jaxon turns to me. "So what's first, tour guide"

I really don't want to do this.

"I'm going to make this quick this as fast as possible because I don't want to do this and I'm sure you don't want to do this" I cross my arms and think about where I can show him first.

"Hm, I don't know. I'm re-thinking it now and I really want to do this" He reminds me of Madelyn's brother, never knowing when to quit.

"Let's just get this over with" I don't wait for him to follow me and I walk out of the building.

I begin to explain the three buildings and enter where all the classes are. Explaining where the prayer lectures are and the actual lectures.

"Then over there you'll find the rooms, just look for your number and you'll find your room" I turn around and he's looking at me, not once looking at anything I've shown him.

"I vividly remember the guy back there said, you had to show me to my room" He takes his hands out of his pockets, revealing his tattooed hands.

Then I spot Adeline from the corner of my eye and I have never been so excited to see her before.

"Why would I show you, when our Headmaster's assistant does such a wonderful job" I walk us over to Adeline who lightly jumps when she feels me tap her shoulder.

"Adeline, have you been able to meet our new student, what was it, Jason?" I look at Jaxon but he's looking at Adeline with a smirk, who's also looking at him but for the first time.

Adeline is blushing.

"Jaxon actually, and you're right, I'd rather her show me to my room" he winks and Adeline does the same thing Charolette does when she's nervous, she bites her lip and looks at the ground.